Soo Gross -Just found an unopened box from our move a few months back!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eww you guys i thought we had got all of the food boxes unpacked from our move a in Feb. When I packed up boxes- i labeled EVERYTHING, what room it was going to and any other details i needed. We also had my sister and her family helping us pack though (each given a sharpie and told to label. But it turns out apparently someone forgot to label one of the boxes
) DH and I were unpacking a few we had left today (we've still got a few to put away because we're about to finish the attic and then move his office out of the room i'm planning to use as a nursery, so some we haven't bothered unpacking yet.)

Well in one of those boxes we found: 2 bottles of expired zesty Italian dressing, 1 expired bottle of raspberry walnut dressing (I like my salads what can i say
), 1 bottle of bbq sauce, a box of very very expired salt water taffy
, 1 thing of pickles, another of relish and a few other odds and ends
Needless to say all of the gross expired goodies found themselves in the trash

I was not expecting to find food in the boxes that i thought were all books

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well at least it wasn't like food that really had to be refrigerated!!

Whats up the the nursery???????????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Hmmm, something you haven't shared with us yet?
No, no nothing to share! I'm definitely not pregnant right now Linda!
We're just planning to start trying for a family soon is all. I've already spent several weeks planning out how i want to do the nursery- so i want to have it all put together and ready for when we do start trying!
We already been told that we might have issues when we try to concieve- so there is a chance we might not be able to have our own kids- but that's totally ok by us though, because we are 100% open to adoption- so eithor way, whether we are able to concieve on our own or adopt a special little one - we'll have a special place ready for them....so just a little bit of wishful planning is all!

Originally Posted by Jack31

So totally busted...

Leslie
I have a feeling one of the guys left that one unlabeled

Originally Posted by GailC

Well at least it wasn't like food that really had to be refrigerated!!

Whats up the the nursery???????????
Definitely glad it wasn't refrigerated things- but even some of the bottled stuff was all nasty
I was just not expecting to find that today!!!

As far as a nursery goes - i'm not pregnant at the moment - we're just planning to start trying for a family soon is all. I want to go ahead and design and have the room ready to go! We're taking a break from trying right now after what we think may have been a chemical pregnancy a few months back. DH and I talked and so far I'm planning to go off the pill in Dec. and then to start trying in March (so i have a few moths to get back to normal!) / I'm just really wanting to get the house decorated and put together- so i've already got that room planned out for a nursery! Just something to look foward to!

In the mean time though he is using that room as his office until he finishes out the attic. Once the attic is finished that will be his "man cave" and his office stuff can go in there so that i can decorate the other room the way i want!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope I find my missing sauces soon. i havent seen a few things since our move three weeks ago. I hope the smell is gone and you put that stuff in the garbage fast.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Oh, Ok. We thought you were holding out on us.
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yep!!
Oh no! I definitely won't hold out on that kind of thing if/when it happens!

Originally Posted by mews2much

I hope I find my missing sauces soon. i havent seen a few things since our move three weeks ago. I hope the smell is gone and you put that stuff in the garbage fast.
Oh yea, it went straight into the trash and straight outside into the big green trash can
(Fortuantely we couldn't smell it because it was all contained- but it was definitely not good!)

I am still looking for some things since the move! I made sugar cookies a few nights ago when my niece and nephews were over and could not find my cookie cutters anywhere- so i'm sure those are still packed away somewhere....i have no clue where though!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am glad you tossed it. I already can not find stuff. My Pumpkin Jam is missing and my Vcast.I hope you find your Cookie Cutters.
I hope you find your stuff soon!

I am really going nuts that i can't find my cookie cutters! It's a little tub filled with about 100 of them that i got at Bed Bath and Beyond a while back. It has cutters for every holiday and lots of ones you can use just every day. Part of the fun of baking cookies with my nieces/nephews is letting them have a blast with the cookie cutters! I really want to find those soon! We always have soo much fun baking together

(Here's what my cookie cutters look like! They're awesome and were only about $9.99 for over 100 pieces! I love them! Just wish i could find them!!!! http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=12474253 )

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats a good price for all of them. Dont you hate moving?
Oh i know! I loved that i got soo many cute ones for such a small price! They are really easy to use too and durable!

If only i could find them!
I've already unpacked 1/2 our Christmas stuff in the attic looking though it to see if maybe they were accidently packed away- but i didn't find them. I have no clue where they could be

Moving stinks when it comes to finding all of your things

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two things came to mind while reading this thread.

Firstly, quite a few years ago my aunt & cousin came from interstate to spend Christmas with us. My aunt asked my mum if she received the iris bulbs she had sent her weeks before. No, my mum replied, they couldn't think what could have happed to the parcel. Well, a week later, a parcel arrived with the missing bulbs inside which was relegated to outside. The bulbs had tured to mush, & the smell was the worst thing I had ever smelt.

Secondly. Last year my hubby's nephew was planning his wedding. They were to be married on the 10th anniversary of their meeting. The bride had gone off the pill 4 mths before the wedding as she had been on it for 15 yrs & wanted things to get back to normal because she knew it could take some time. Our nephew emailed family & friends to quash the rumor mill with the news that they may as well experiment before the wedding & low & behold, the bride fell pregnant almost immediately. So on their wedding day she was 12 weeks pregnant. I was amazed as it took me 2 yrs to have my 1st baby after having a courette & I had only been on the pill for 3.5 yrs.