Favorite pet?

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love all my boys equally and donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t give one more love then the other. My household is perfectly balanced and there is no jealousy or animosity between my boys. However, my question to you is, do you favor one of your pets over the others?

Mine is Capone. He is so antisocial and such a crusty boy I just know he needs me the most. Even though my boys have a forever home with me I always think that out of all three he would probably be the only one un-adoptable. No one loves him like I do because he is always hiding. I always go out of my way to give him a kiss and a pat on the head (he bites if its anywhere else lol my crusty guy) and I think he appreciates it.

Sometimes he will lie on me and kneed my belly or chest (ouch), or he will visit me at night and snuggle, not often, maybe once a month, but he has never done that to anyone else so I know even though heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Mr. Crusty he still loves me and I am his Mommy. My other boys use me like a cheap ho LOL.

So while I love all my boys equally, Capone has a soft spot in my heart
. What about you guys?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of the 3 now, (in order) - Charlie (ocicat), Keno (lab), Ling (HHP). Over all I do like cats better then dogs, just that Ling has an attitude (like a lot of female cats) and she's kinda antisocial, even with us

However, my ALL time fav was Mitten (my first cat) - he was mixed HHP, and very special in many ways. Haven't had a cat that I've loved as much as I did Mitten

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think I necessarily have a favorite, perse. They all have their special characteristics that make me love them! Delilah is usually so crabby and independent, that I do make time to love on her when she's in the mood. Blue is my frustrated indoor hunter, so I try to make extra time to play with her. Piper is the most cuddly, so she gets extra cuddle time. Griffin is so quiet and gentle, and cuddles my 9yo DS every night. Bastian was my tiny TLC baby, and now he is such a troublemaker - always getting into mischief! Sprout turns my DH into kitty loving mush.
And of course Adam... my super-skinny boy who wants lovins almost more than he wants his meals!
I don't think I have a favorite.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is no doubt that any of us don't love all our guys but I think we all have a favorite. Each one of my guys has something special about them and each their own unique personality. I love when they come to me for pettings and curl up next to me, but my all time favorite is........WORMIE. He is such a momma's boy. When he was little he LOVED my husband and didn't even have a care about me. Well that changed for some reason. I think he realized who would feed him and give him treats..lol. Worm is my
. Hes so good and even when he gets in trouble I cant be mad at him. He just has to look at me with those big green eyes and that silly lil fang smile and i'm not mad anymore. I love my Wormie!!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost afraid to say this on the CAT
Site, but my all time favorite of all my pets ever is my Peach (dog).
She is my special girl!

First, I rescued her from the SPCA and she was SO scared of everything. She had been abused and was terrified and her tail never left between her legs. She's just blossomed, and I know it because of all the work my family and I put in to her.
Second, after she came around, I trained her for search and rescue! She is my partner and team mate- can't find a bond like that very often!
And I'm just blown away by the change in her. This dog that couldn't walk in the house has now ridden in helicopters, rappelled, climbed up and down steep rock cliff faces (not tall, but steep!), and all sorts of other crazy things!

Evie is my second favorite, though!
All other pets are pretty equal.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I love them all, but some just stick out a bit more than others. Right now, my 1.5 year old dog is a bit lower on the list just because she is always getting into trouble! My Mau Tsekani is high on the list because of his personality, he's such a gentle spirit and he makes me smile.

My all time favourite pet so far, however, was my first cat Bonkers. He was 22lbs and orange. He was played with too rough as a kitten by my roomates and he had an attitude; you'd never know if he was going to bite, but he never bit me only my friends and family. He was NOT a lap cat, but about once a year he'd come and lay on me and purr. I had him until he was 12 years old, and he was the first animal I had to let go of through death. let's just say I didn't handle it well.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 2 cats (Mattie, Chloe), and 1 dog (Duke). The cats are technically mine and the dog is technically my SO's.

My SO definitely has a favorite pet: Chloe. He has never loved a pet more than he love that cat. He even likes her more than all of the cats he had as a kid, and more than his new puppy. He is so attached to her. It's funny because the first time he saw her, he thought she was funny/weird looking (she kind of was, lol).

I don't know that I have a favorite. I love all 3 for different reasons. If I had to pick, I would probably say Mattie. She was my first pet and my first cat (as an adult). If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be such a cat person. She really is not affectionate and likes to be left alone, but I love that about her.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont love one more than another, but Moose (the orange tabby) has a special place in my heart. He's got more character than one cat should have, sleeps with me every night and will jump into any stranger's arms. Everyone that meets him wants to take him home.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats, & 1 dog.. Duke(the dog) is technically NOT mine, he belongs to my bfs mom & dad, so im not gunna count him in this.

Between the two, i love them BOTH the same, just as everyone else here has said. but, Monster has a special place in my heart for many reasons. one is that he was an orphan and so tiny when i brought him home. he needed to be bottle fed, i had to stimulate him to make him go potty, i weaned him, i litter trained him, & ive done EVERYTHING for him since he was 4 weeks old. another is that i never really had a cat growing up & always wanted one, & he is my first cat. i love Mittens too, and i have loved her from the day she came into my life..(Most of you kno that she wasnt always mine, but i interacted with her ALOT when i was at work), and my love for her is the reason she is with me, cuz otherwise she would have wound up in a home with strangers. though my boss was really picky about who she would have given her to... Im just glad my boss knew how much i loved my own cat & how much i loved hers, bc there was no question, my boss WANTED her to come live with me.

once i get my own place, i plan on having as many cats as i can afford. but Monster will always be #1 in my heart, even after he crosses the bridge.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love both of my babies. Each one has qualities in their personality that makes each of them a favourite in some way or another.

Chynna is very docile and a real cuddle bug who loves to give and get kisses. She loves to cuddle up to me in bed and get paw massages, chin scritches and ear rubs. She purrs up a storm and holds my finger with her paw and gives me nose kisses. She actually puts me to sleep

Abby loves to get belly and neck rubs, but only likes to be held on her terms. She has several quirks that are so endearing, and is totally addicted to the brush that I can con her into pretty much anything just by showing her the brush!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6 cats and I admit that I have my favorites!
Zoey(bengal) has shot right up the list to #1, Frankie(aby) is also my favorite and my husbands too. I love my other cats very much! These 2 are my very special cats.

I lost my very best cat to cancer 3 1/2 years ago. He was my baby. I had a empty spot in my heart that I thought would never be filled again. Since Zoey came into our home she has filled that very special spot back up again.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all of my boys in slightly different ways:

Radar is highly entertaining, and is also (IMO at least) one of the most strikingly beautiful cats I've ever seen. He's not very cuddly (although he loves being picked up and carried around for some reason!) and he plays way too rough, he claws and nips and has an obsession with hunting and 'killing' human feet which is not at all pleasant. We had to wear sturdy footwear indoors until he was about a year old, he doesn't do it so much to us any more, but guests are fair game. But he is just such a funny cat to have around, I absolutely adore him despite his sometimes painful quirks, he was also my first cat and therefore will always have a special place in my heart

Jacob is the daftest cat in the universe, and also the clumsiest. Orientals are supposed to be athletic and graceful, but there is always an exception to the rule, and Jacob is just that. Whenever I see him trying to time a leap, I hold my breath and peer through my fingers... and then watch as his back end doesn't quite get to its intended destination, and any objects within flailing distance of his legs shower to the floor, often closely followed by an embarrassed lilac feline. He is also the soppiest creature, whatever you do to him he purrs loudly with a look of bliss on his face - including claw trimming and eye/ear cleaning! He rolls onto his back for tummy rubs and loves having his fur roughed up the wrong way. You couldn't want for a more easygoing cat. He is definitely Nate's cat though, and usually chooses his lap over mine.

Sonic on the other hand is 'my' little boy. He's on the small side for an Oriental, but epitomises the breed's litheness and grace. He's a fairly quiet and dignified creature. But he absolutely dotes on me. He is always by my side, he follows me around constantly nudging my legs with his head, when I shut him out of the bathroom he sits outside and wails for me, he crams himself onto my lap whenever possible, and whenever I make 'kissy' noises to him he holds the top of his head up to my face for a kiss. Knowing that I was looking for an Oriental kitten, my parents and Nate clubbed together to give me enough money for one as a Christmas present, and I think Sonic knows that he was a gift to me.

So in terms of entertainment, Radar is my favourite. In terms of affection, Sonic is my favourite. And I love Jacob dearly, but he loves Nate best, and is Nate's favourite.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fred, my RB kitty was my soul mate kitty.
My current crew just think of me as a can opener.
Pepper is a huge cuddle monster. She loves cuddles any time, anywhere, then when she wants to move, she will bite a little.
Pearl allows herself to be petted and cuddled sometimes, on her terms.
Scooter will cuddled up to me all night, but barely bothers with me otherwise.
Fluffy is lucky she is so very cute, or I would have made slippers out of her, she is soooooo bad. She pushed a whole pan of thawing meat off the stove, and she and the others were chowing down. The others ran off, but she looked at me like "what?" Then later she will peek at me, eyes all big and round, and jump up and give me loves.
I guess I don't really have a favorite right now. Fred is a tough act to follow.

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 2 littermate sisters...since day 1, I have always favored "the gray one", Mia. She is tons more cuddly than Marble so I like that about her. However, out of literally everybody who has met the two, everybody else has liked Marble better hands down (I think because Mia is a mama's girl and avoids strangers- Marble is friendly to everybody).

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lily is definitely my favourite. She was such a shy girl and has come such a long way. She is so demanding now when she wants attention which I love. She's just such a nice cat as well. So beautiful, and so sweet.

DH adores Smudge - she's definitely his favourite - and she has always adored him over anyone else.

Stumpy is also up there though, she drives me nuts, but she's such a sweet cat. She follows me everywhere, always senses if I'm down, or unwell, and always gives me little licks on my fingers, then rubs her face on my hand which is very cute. We also have a few friends who think Stumpy is the best as well, so all 3 cats are the favourite of someone

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all my furbies with all my heart.
But Maverick & Geronimo definitely have a special place there.
And now Jinx is beginning to creep her way into that special place, too: She's such a sweetheart!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my favorite child is...Oh, wait! You mean my pets.

Butzie is by far the most loving mammal who owned me. But I have to tell you that I have owned budgies throughout my life and some of them have been so special.
Budgies can be so sweet, have a personality, talk, and think that you are their mate (males for me). We have always let them fly free (which became more interesting with Butzie) and they have done so many cute things. I may have 3 of them in my siggy, but my favorites have been Sweetie, Tweetie, Snookums and Vida Blue, all RIP.

Our RIP Brownie never batted a paw with the other boys flew by, including when very pretty but not too smart Whitey Ford decided to take a bath in the water side of Brownie's food dish while he was eating. Brownie just looked at me as if this is my dish and can you get that stupid budgie out of my water? Only to happy to oblige.

Sandy Koufax and Whitey Ford do not give me the love that my most special budgies gave me and nowhere near the love that Butzie gives me. Whereas I know that there are other wonderful budgies out there for me, Butzie is my special now because she will be with us for a number of years.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny because I really never thought about it..All my cats have such different personalities that they are all my favorites but in different ways..

Sassy of coarse has been with me for 16 years, he is the cuddly one, he loves to lay down with me or just hang out with me..

Linus is the jester, he is the goofest little guy and he knows it, he loves to act silly..

Pixie likes to chirp and talk to me and she has this look that say "You get it right"

They all have their favorite times of day to be around me and none seem to be jealous of the other..

So I guess I would have to say it depends on which one I am in the mood for..

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

I love all my boys equally and donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t give one more love then the other. My household is perfectly balanced and there is no jealousy or animosity between my boys. However, my question to you is, do you favor one of your pets over the others?

Mine is Capone. He is so antisocial and such a crusty boy I just know he needs me the most. Even though my boys have a forever home with me I always think that out of all three he would probably be the only one un-adoptable. No one loves him like I do because he is always hiding. I always go out of my way to give him a kiss and a pat on the head (he bites if its anywhere else lol my crusty guy) and I think he appreciates it.

Sometimes he will lie on me and kneed my belly or chest (ouch), or he will visit me at night and snuggle, not often, maybe once a month, but he has never done that to anyone else so I know even though heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Mr. Crusty he still loves me and I am his Mommy. My other boys use me like a cheap ho LOL.

So while I love all my boys equally, Capone has a soft spot in my heart
. What about you guys?
Anybody that reads my posts know it is no secret that I have a favorite cat. I try to talk about Alley now and then but most of my posting is about Persi. I cannot help it because Alley stays hid all day and Persi is right by me at all times no matter what floor I am on. If I get up from the first floor and take the elevator to the third floor, he runs up the stairs and is there to meet me when I arrive. This just causes Alley to stay scared all day because of the elevator noise. I do not see Alley until it is time to go to bed and at that time she figures the elevator is done for the day and joins us in bed. But Persi is my constant companion and I love his beautiful long hair even though his hair is everywhere. But I enjoy brushing him and we are bonded for life.