New to forum and just got a new cat.

docray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My family has had cats for my entire life (I'm only 23). I just graduated from college and moved away from home. The apartment was getting lonely so I went and adopted this guy last night. His name is Pounce! He's tough to get a good picture of!
Here's his 'ad': http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11460120
The shelter had better luck taking pictures than I did!

Very energetic little guy, explored every ounce of the apartment already just last evening. Last night was a bit of a marathon with him doing circles on the bed most of the night, but overall... a good first day.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on bringing a kitty companion into your heart and home! Pounce looks like a sweet little guy but as a kitten, he will, by nature, have oodles of energy to burn off! Get one of those wand or fishing-pole type toys and my guess is that he will sleep like the sweet little babe he is when you get ready for bed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a cat!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
great pic´s !
thank you for share!...

See you on the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

docray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Congratulations on bringing a kitty companion into your heart and home! Pounce looks like a sweet little guy but as a kitten, he will, by nature, have oodles of energy to burn off! Get one of those wand or fishing-pole type toys and my guess is that he will sleep like the sweet little babe he is when you get ready for bed.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a cat!
Strangely enough he seemed more interested in playing with me than with any toys. He would run all the way back to the bathroom, start meowing and when I said "What?" he would come tearing out and jump all over me then back down the hall to the bathroom. I seem to have forgotten the joys of kittenhood... powerful enough to go anywhere and light enough not to get hurt when falling from it.

hwc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DocRay

Strangely enough he seemed more interested in playing with me than with any toys. He would run all the way back to the bathroom, start meowing and when I said "What?" he would come tearing out and jump all over me then back down the hall to the bathroom. I seem to have forgotten the joys of kittenhood... powerful enough to go anywhere and light enough not to get hurt when falling from it.
Ahhhh. I call it kitty olympics when they go tearing through the house at breakneck speed.

Congratulations on your first kitty of your very own. My wife and I took an adult cat from my mother when we got out of college. We didn't get a kitty until later.

We have two kitties now and my daughter, who just graduated from college, wants to fly home just to see them. She has become allergic to cats so can't have one of her own, but is dying to play with them while they are still little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

docray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hwc

We have two kitties now and my daughter, who just graduated from college, wants to fly home just to see them. She has become allergic to cats so can't have one of her own, but is dying to play with them while they are still little.
That's too bad

They sure do have TONS of energy when they get going! From sleeping like a limp noodle to running circles halfway up the hallway walls the next.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. Expect this behaviour at least until he's 1 y/o. Blossom was impossible, would attack our feet & ankles from under the table. Still has her moments but has settled a lot.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am so glad that you have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.