We have a new arrival

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her name is beth shes about a year and a half old. Her name at the shelter was " Winky " because she was born with one eye. She has had many people visit her and say they are going to adopt her but none come back.

Im attaching a pic

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww bless you for adopting this little sweetie! She looks so cute "winking" like that
Are you keeping her name?

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a doll, and what a lucky girl to get adopted by such a great meowmy! Keep us updated on her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Aww bless you for adopting this little sweetie! She looks so cute "winking" like that
Are you keeping her name?
No we have named her Beth .... My daughter Megan wanted her from the first time we went to the shelter..... Megan's middle name is Elizabeth ... so we named her Beth.

Sometimes the net doesn't allow you to say with the right emotion what you would like to in the written word , sometimes things can come off curt when it not whats intended. I'm saying this before my next statement.

We didn't want to keep the name Winky because it calls attention or her " disability" . We have 7 children in total 5 of which are disabled.... we thought it would be in poor taste.

When we got Beth home our daughter Erin looked at her and said " you have a disability just like me , I'll take care of you. "

It was at that point that we knew changing the name was a good thing.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

When we got Beth home our daughter Erin looked at her and said " you have a disability just like me , I'll take care of you. "
That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.

Beth is a gorgeous girl, and you obviously have a very special daughter too. I love how Beth looks like she's flirting with everyone by being coy with her wink.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
TY Erin is a special girl the Autism has effected her in very difficult ways , I was surprised that she even came out with the comment.... Beth is a doll , shes so loving I had a really good get to know her session lastnight ..... she even tried to groom me lol.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

TY Erin is a special girl the Autism has effected her in very difficult ways , I was surprised that she even came out with the comment....
Aww.. animals can have a very profound effect on people, sometimes in the most unexpected of ways
. I'm happy to hear little Beth is settling down well too

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG shes so cute!! she sneaks around checking the place out and moves like ... well almost like a snake I think its so she can see. Just now I was changing and she was loving the heck out of me.

Im so glad we didnt over look this special little soul.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sounds so sweet... I'm glad you didn't overlook her too! I hope she'll bring much joy and comfort to you and your family
How is she getting along with the rest of your kitties?