I'm Traitorous- Can Anyone Recommend Another Good Website?

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like this one, but for pregnancy? I've mentioned on here many times that this is really the only website I am a member of, and frankly, I'm not even sure how I was lucky enough to find you guys!
I love this site and the people on it and the knowledge and experience!

And now, as hubby and I get very close to being able to start trying to conceive, I'm getting more and more interested in researching and discussing, as I do with you guys about cats. But, I'm so scared! All the sites I've been to, and I've been to quite a few, don't look nearly as good as this one. They're scary!

So, long story short, does anyone that has recently gone through pregnancy know of a good website for that? This way I don't plague the Cat Lounge with questions and stories about before during and after pregnancy!

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was in the same boat! I am just over 7 months along and I couldn't really find a forum that I liked so don't really belong to any.

WhattoExpect.com is pretty good but it is nowhere near as great as this one (IMHO that is). I'm sure once you are involved in the community they are a great, caring group of people too. I guess with pregnancy it is such a finite timeframe that people don't hang around an online forum too long. At least that is my thinking. Good luck with your search and if you find anything good let me know!

Congrats on TTC! (Trying to Conceive)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I spent a lot of time on justmommies.com when I was pregnant - they have good forums for every occasion, and once you conceive, you join the "Due Date Club" for the month you're due, so you have a bunch of other women going through the same thing at the same time which is nice.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I last was pregnant with Ben 14 years ago. Can't have any more because I have been "spayed"
Well, I guess it was having the tubes tied rather than the removal of female parts.

Since the internet blossomed after Ben was born, I can only offer what I had then. I read the "What to Expect" series starting with what to expect when you are pregnant. I relied on friends in person or by email or phone and when I had the tough questions, I relied on the expert, Mom.

After Jenny was born, I joined some community classes for women with newborns and women in their third trimester. These were so great because our kids were within some months of each other and since the kids and you change so fast it was always a weekly update. Later we did a mommy and me exercise.

I guess that I would recommend that you the read books first, find out about support groups for both when you are pregnant and after birth, and just enjoy the experience. On a website you most probably find out things that you do not necessarily want to hear until you are at the final trimester if you know what I mean. Face-to-face groups are great because you are all experiencing the same raging hormones, weight gain, sickness, etc.

For all the high tech we have, childbirth has been around a great deal longer
and most of us have had persons that we know to help us without the internet.

Rosemary

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

This is soooo true! I have gotten more advice/knowledge and support from my friends who are new moms as well as some of my girlfriends who are pregnant right now too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Calico76

I was in the same boat! I am just over 7 months along and I couldn't really find a forum that I liked so don't really belong to any.

WhattoExpect.com is pretty good but it is nowhere near as great as this one (IMHO that is). I'm sure once you are involved in the community they are a great, caring group of people too. I guess with pregnancy it is such a finite timeframe that people don't hang around an online forum too long. At least that is my thinking. Good luck with your search and if you find anything good let me know!

Congrats on TTC! (Trying to Conceive)
Congratulations to you!
That's so exciting! I'm sure you will keep us updated with your new little one, right?

Originally Posted by sarahp

I spent a lot of time on justmommies.com when I was pregnant - they have good forums for every occasion, and once you conceive, you join the "Due Date Club" for the month you're due, so you have a bunch of other women going through the same thing at the same time which is nice.
Oh, I will definitely check that one out, too! Thank you for the tip!

Originally Posted by butzie

Well, I last was pregnant with Ben 14 years ago. Can't have any more because I have been "spayed"
Well, I guess it was having the tubes tied rather than the removal of female parts.

Since the internet blossomed after Ben was born, I can only offer what I had then. I read the "What to Expect" series starting with what to expect when you are pregnant. I relied on friends in person or by email or phone and when I had the tough questions, I relied on the expert, Mom.

After Jenny was born, I joined some community classes for women with newborns and women in their third trimester. These were so great because our kids were within some months of each other and since the kids and you change so fast it was always a weekly update. Later we did a mommy and me exercise.

I guess that I would recommend that you the read books first, find out about support groups for both when you are pregnant and after birth, and just enjoy the experience. On a website you most probably find out things that you do not necessarily want to hear until you are at the final trimester if you know what I mean. Face-to-face groups are great because you are all experiencing the same raging hormones, weight gain, sickness, etc.

Rosemary
Originally Posted by Calico76

This is soooo true! I have gotten more advice/knowledge and support from my friends who are new moms as well as some of my girlfriends who are pregnant right now too!
Thank you to you both! I definitely am cashing in on face-to-face, too. None of my friends are currently pregnant or trying- I seem to be right after one group, and before another (at least, we'll see when / if we actually do conceive!
)! But the ones that just went through it are of course a big help!

I was thinking something online more for the times when, say, I'm taking a breather at work and want to drop a line real fast, like I do with TCS all the time!

Thanks again! And though I won't flood the forums here, I will keep you guys updated if we have any big news.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

My sister joined that one. She barely touches the computer but she was on for that site for sure. She also liked for a little while after he was born she would compare notes (the "Is this normal?!" questions).