To our Buddy

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a text message last night that a long term resident of our shelter was not doing well. I'm not sure if he is gone or not yet but it is only a matter of time. Buddy was a sassy orange and white cat that was brought to us 4-5 years ago. He is 13-14 years old now and the vet told us yesterday there is nothing more we can do for him. We made the decision not to adopt Buddy out because he would bite unpredictably. Buddy loved to be petted and held. He would purr, and then suddenly turn and bite. He bit hard and sent many volunteers to the doctor for antibiotics. We liked to call him the official human taste tester. We believe Bud had been abused in his pervious home. Buddy was loved by all the volunteers despite his special personality. He never seemed to mind life at the shelter, afterall how many cats are loved by so many people. There will never be another one like him, and our shelter won't be the same without him.

Fly quickly & peacfully over the bridge Bud Man, know we loved you and did the best we could. We will miss your crabby faces, your love for human flesh, and your ability to escape from any cage we put you in.

You will be deeply missed Bud Man!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
buddy sounded like a real character. how wonderful that your shelter gave him a forever home like that.

RIP precious buddy. play happily across the bridge with all your friends.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I never thought I'd be as sad as I am. He's been getting skinnier over the last couple years and I knew he would be with us more than another year. I just thought it would be easier to say goodbye. I can't remember if I have a photo of him at home or not. If I do I will post it. I should add that he went home with his favorite volunteer last night, so that he could pass in her home instead of alone at the shelter. As I said I haven't heard if he has passed or not yet, but it sounded like he was crashing very quickly last night.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I should add that he went home with his favorite volunteer last night, so that he could pass in her home instead of alone at the shelter. As I said I haven't heard if he has passed or not yet, but it sounded like he was crashing very quickly last night.
i'm sorry, i didn't realise in my first post that he hadn't crossed yet.

that is so lovely that he has gone to a home, but at the same time so terribly sad. i know, like many others, the heartache of watching and waiting.

for everyone involved in buddy's care. godspeed him across the bridge.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so clear by your post just how much Buddy is loved, sometimes it's the crabby ones that steal your heart

How wonderful that he'll get to spend his final hours/days in the home of someone he cares about.

Have a safe journey when your times comes, Buddy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buddy made his final journey over the bridge yesterday afternoon. He had to make that final trip to the vets office. I'm not sure who went with him, but I know he was not alone. He had developed a mass in his stomach, and it was decided the best thing for him was to let him go. The director said he was ready, and did not react to getting the shot (Not at all like Bud Man). So he is healthy and young again, chasing butterflies , and maybe even taste testing some angles.

R.I.P. Bud, none of us will ever forget you!