It's been 2 years since i came to TCS (update)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, i know it's probably been months since i've been on here (though i noticed no one has sent me a pm to see if i'm ok, you've been asking about Bruce/theimp who's only been gone a month or so.....). Last month i started an 8 week pottery class, not for beginners, but all levels of experience. I love it so much that i'm enrolling for the first quarter of next year as well.

Depression and such going up and down, have this job assistant person telling me to open up to my hobbies and have some more freedom to develop my self esteem and interests, then telling me that as soon as i finish this course i have to get back on the job hunt. Tristan and i are still strong, will be out 3yr anniversary (1yr since engagement) next month and yes, we'll be finding a new place to go away to (hopefully near the snow)

We've been in this house almost 7 months, and it's been interesting. My mum spent many night sleeping in the lounge due to our lovely pond being taken over by noisy frogs, each night a never ending, high pitched night long calling for mates (we did not built the pond, it was already here). We spent many days trying to find them. Finally two nights in a row, in the rain, we caught and relocated 3 to the creek over the road. There has been no croaking since.

As you can see in Crossing the Bridge, Rhani passed away a few days ago. That day also happened to be the 2 year anniversary since we rescued Cleo from a certain death at the age of 4 months and adopted her. I think i stumbled across this website a few days later, looking for advice on how to look after a blind kitty.

Timmy is doing well with his FIV, his hasn't had any more abscesses underneath his chin for many months so we haven't had to worry about quarantining him from Cleo.

Tristan's parents will hopefully adopt a goat by Christmas, which means milk, and BABY goats!!! Excited

I hope everyone here has been ok. I was really looking forward to the SS, but after waiting till about February, and then half of the items getting destroyed by customs, i'm kind of put off, and that was my first SS ever. Also didn't get any photos or really much of a response on the forum from the person i sent to due to their schedule and such. So i hope you guys have a better one than i did.

Anyway, if anyone actually missed me, please send me a pm, i am here now.

Thanks.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

I was wondering where you had been but I'm not a big pm user??

The pottery class sounds like fun. I always wanted to try it but I do so many other crafts I don't know how I would find a place for more stuff. I do a form of pottery, ok not really a form I used a concrete based mix and sand cast impressions of leaves.

So have you and Tristan picked a wedding date yet??

Come back and visit much sooner.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back honey!
I've been wondering where you were but I figured real life just kind of took over. Sounds like you've definitely been busy!

I'm so sorry to hear about Rhani. I haven't had a chance to check Crossing the Bridge but I will. I'm glad to hear your other kitties are doing good.

You have to post pics of the goats after they get them!
I LOVE goats and the babies are just too adorable. My MIL got rid of her goats the end of last summer and I really miss them (don't miss the pain of having to walk to the barn to feed them in the middle of winter though!). I'm not a big fan of goat milk, but the cats love it. In fact, 5 of my 6 were abandonded kittens and we bottle fed them goat milk so if they get a taste of it now they revert back to kittenhood!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey there! WELCOME BACK!

I just haven't noticed anyone has been missing since I have been so busy lately

Come to think of it...noone sends me PMs that they miss me either

Hope you're doing okay!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EMMMAAAAA!!!

Sweetie, it's just that we're accustomed to the fact that you sometimes have to disappear for long periods. You were definitely missed!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

...we caught and relocated 3 to the creek over the road. There has been no croaking since.
Lots of us here have rehomed cats, but you're probably the only TCSer who's rehomed FROGS!

Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Tristan's parents will hopefully adopt a goat by Christmas, which means milk, and BABY goats!!!
Um... I think they're going to need two.
But oh gosh, baby goats are about as cute as it gets -- you'll have to take lots of pictures for us!

I'm sorry you lost your Rhani, hon... but very glad you found your way back to us. Now STAY!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure of course, but I think possibly one of the reasons the question of where Bruce went was due to his being a member on another board with some of the members here - otherwise he may not have been missed in only a few weeks either.

Sounds as though things are going well for you which is always nice to hear. Sometimes life just gets in the way and we all have to take a break from TCS and computer life to deal with real everyday issues.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi, i only joined the site in january so i don't think we've met on here. i did post in rhani's thread though.

it's great that your kitties are doing so well and baby goats! how much fun will they be!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! I did notice that you were missing! I just figured you were busy and would be back when you were able!

I'm glad everything is going well, and I'm sorry about Rhani

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Um... I think they're going to need two.
But oh gosh, baby goats are about as cute as it gets -- you'll have to take lots of pictures for us!
No, just one. Miss goat will have a special 'visitor' when the time is right for babies

Oh how could i even forget this piece of information? My grandmother broke her arm about 7 weeks ago. She was in the hospital a few days. Spent two weeks in respite care so that someone could help her with changing, meds etc. When she came home i spent a week and a half with her to help her out as well. She is 76, very independant, not at all suffering from ill health or dementia or anything. She's a very funky, sprightly English granny
. Needless to say at the respite, she was the only one who was bored out of her mind. While the other residents were sleeping over their walking frames in the lounge, she stayed in her room to watch Shaun the Sheep lol.

She was in a sling, not a cast, for 6 weeks. Friday just gone we went back to the hospital for final prognosis, and she doesn't need an operation (which was on the cards for a while). She will start physio next week and hopefully in a few months will be able to use her arm properly again. For those who have experienced this before, it was a commonuted fracture of the left humerus, the neck/head of the bone (or shoulder), instead of further down which is where i first thought it was. She was coming back home with a load of shopping and her shoe got caught on a raised level in the footpath. Two other people have had accidents in the same area. We are going to be calling the council to get them to grind it down evenly.