August Photo Contest - Lending a Helping Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're doing a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for August is Lending a Helping Paw. We know how kitties love to help with bills, schoolwork, reading, housework, computer work, etc. so we want to capture their "giving" spirit.

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, not photoshopped (although basic altering, such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed), and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying). The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes. The photo size should be 480x640 (pixels) or larger so we can use it for print.

The prize will include, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. August. The 1st place winner will also have a copy of the 2009 Cats of TheCatSite Calendar sent to them when it's finished. The calendar will include at least the top 3 place cats (possibly more depending on how close the votes are) from each monthly contest!

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images will be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public (see above).

Deadline for submission is September 2, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Smudge watching the microwave while I'm busy with the stove

Edit: Or maybe Stumpy helping to put the shopping away? At least my ugly mug isn't in it with this pic...

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have this one for now. Tho I have a few more in mind I dunno yet.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This month.....those extra special "mutilated" helping paws

Helping meowmy browse TCS by occupying her chair.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My entry for now, an oldie but goodie:

Evie helping me fix a leak. She is even the one that alerted me to it! There's a helping paw.

We're revamping our photo gallery, so all my photos are on some other drive I don't know how to access, except for these already on photobucket! So if I get access to those soon enough, I may update this. Unless you all think it's cute enough!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully, I can get a better one before the contest closes, but for now, here is Riley "helping" daddy put the bbq grill together.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Is there any way to attach a picture to a post directly from my computer? I don't want to upload it to my business website, and don't know of any other place I can put it on the web. My ISP gave me a site where they said I could upload images with an FTP. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access it.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I need help on choosing which one I should submit cause obviously I keep picking the wrong ones.
And I have the best "helpers" in the world.

First one is Snickers helping with Paper work:

Second is of Snickers helping me use my lap top (notice she turned the screen brightness down...so warm though. Ahhhhh)

Or the third one is of Jazz "helping" with laundry as usual.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

Is there any way to attach a picture to a post directly from my computer? I don't want to upload it to my business website, and don't know of any other place I can put it on the web. My ISP gave me a site where they said I could upload images with an FTP. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access it.
have you tried uploading them to photobucket? many of us here, inclusing myself, use it and it works great!
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Ok, I need help on choosing which one I should submit cause obviously I keep picking the wrong ones.
And I have the best "helpers" in the world.

First one is Snickers helping with Paper work:

Second is of Snickers helping me use my lap top (notice she turned the screen brightness down...so warm though. Ahhhhh)

Or the third one is of Jazz "helping" with laundry as usual.

awww, i like the one with Jazzy helpnig with the laundry

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
After looking through quite a few pictures, I've decided Abby isn't very helpful.

Here she is "helping" me get a package ready to ship:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

have you tried uploading them to photobucket? many of us here, inclusing myself, use it and it works great!
What is photobucket, and where do I find it? Keep in mind that I'm a complete computer illiterate. Thanks.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Okay, I found Photobucket (thanks for the help, katiemae1277
)
Now let's see if I did it right.

Miss Patchwillow is a great help holding down the puzzle pieces so they won't jump off the table.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Mom! I am done packing to moveeeee!"

There will likely be move before the month's out... boxes are everywhere in my house right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.