New game invented by Persi

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a set of round wooden Russian dolls on my desk. There used to be ten of them, one goes in another, etc. I should have left them all together. I can't complain though, I still have six of them left. His new favorite fun thing to do is to take one of the smaller ones all the way to the top of the wooden stairs and drop it. Should it happen to not make it all the way down, he gives the extra nudge necessary. At the bottom of the stairs is my desk and bookcases. I have not looked yet but strongly suspect there are four Russian dolls under there somewhere. It must be a lot of fun to hear a round wooden doll plunk, plunk, plunk down the wooden stairs; fun to a cat, that is.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a really cute visual
I know Stan loves the ping-pong balls for the same reason...drop 'um down the stairs and hear "plink, plink, plinkplinkplinkplinkplink"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

That's a really cute visual
I know Stan loves the ping-pong balls for the same reason...drop 'um down the stairs and hear "plink, plink, plinkplinkplinkplinkplink"
I forgot to mention that I also have a wooden chess set at the top of the stairs but they are only round on the bottom so do not provide the right amount of annoyance any longer. What is strange is that these dolls sat unmolested for about three months before Persi found out something fun to do with them. But he does receive exactly what I believe is his motive: attention!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta wonder what goes through their minds sometimes.

Like he thinks these things are alive as he watches them bounce down the stairs, then once they make it to the bottom - he is satisfied with his conquer when they no longer budge, sitting lifeless as the bottom. But then, to his dismay, the crazy things come back to life and somehow end up back at the top of the stairs to taunt him again - oh the horrors!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had friends whose cat enjoy rolling golf balls down their wooden stairs (house was built c.1900). Makes a lot of nice noise at 3am.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tailer says to please tell Persi that, while the Russian dolls sound like fun, the optimal dropping mechanisms are Altoids tins. The metallic clang accompanied by the mints clinking around inside provide superior noise generation...particularly when the humans are sound asleep.

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is too cute! My cat doesn't do anything funny like that. Sometimes I wish she would so I could get a good laugh. It is funny to see her chase my dachshund around the house (my doxie is scared of her when she does that)