Sneaky emotions

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever just been going about your day and have tears sneak up on you? For some reason a sad thought pops in your head and you start to tear up. Then you try not to keep thinking about that sad thought but you just can't help it and then you start blubbering. I was laying on the bed petting Popsie and then I started thinking about the day his time with me will be over. So I started crying and couldn't control it. The only thing that made me stop is eating my dinner.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Have you ever just been going about your day and have tears sneak up on you? For some reason a sad thought pops in your head and you start to tear up. Then you try not to keep thinking about that sad thought but you just can't help it and then you start blubbering. I was laying on the bed petting Popsie and then I started thinking about the day his time with me will be over. So I started crying and couldn't control it. The only thing that made me stop is eating my dinner.
hon, we've all had times like that. I think sometimes we need to cry just for the sake of crying. I know sometimes I will start over something stupid (like a song will remind of something, which will remind me of something else, etc) and I end up crying over something that happened when I was a child that doesn't matter anymore, or something that happened at work that I didn't even realize I was upset about. Stupid, but in the end I feel better.

Now, I'm not sure what's going on with Popsie...is he having problems? If so then you aren't crying for no reason, but you need to cherish the time you have with him. If he's fine right now, it sounds like you just needed to cry to get some emotions out.

I firmly believe crying is good for the soul, and I read somewhere that tears release enzymes when if held in can cause stress (that's the story I tell my husband, and I'm sticking to it
). But, I hope you feel better tomorrow.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
im having moments like that now since my parents are moving out of town and im gonna miss them

we all have days like that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Popsie is fine. He's just getting old so I'm thinking about that day more and more. I feel better, it was just one of those moments.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to do that really really bad... I would watch something on TV about the Oklahoma City Bombing and cry myself to sleep because I could not imagine how people could be so cruel to each other...

Finally I had to be put on meds because of it, because I was always on such a rollercoaster....

I deffinately know how you feel, especially concidering what you were thinking of is a very sad thing to imagine!

The tears show that you are only human!!!