Daily Question.......08/18/08.....=)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
almost forgot that I´m Mr Monday!....

Good morning my dear friends…

Today I have the privilege to post here your daily question for the Lounge…
I want to mention that all questions here are just for the unique porpoise of fun and of course, to stay in touch with all members, and to know what do you think about it…
of course sometimes some questions are a kind of silly but funniest in the bottom!..
… so lets begin…

Are you a bird lover?....
.....Wich one is your favourite species?...
do you like and enjoy to listen the early morning chirps of the Birds?...

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love birds! I used to have a few as pets... Cockatiels, Budgies and a Zebra Finch. I also recently cared for a pet dove that got lost and showed up in our yard.

I love the wild birds most though. I like to just sit outside and listen to them talk to each other. We have lots of birds in our area, my favorite is the Red Tailed hawk. We also have a tree that attracts TONS of hummingbirds!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to be really into birds before I started school

Hard to say what my favourite would be. Probably the Robin because they are so friendly

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love birds!
. When I was young we used to have a parrot but we had to give it away because the cats kept trying to get it! I like parrots but I guess really Ravens are my favorite birds because I played one in our schools Musical NOAH'S ARK.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually am a bit frightened of birds
especially large birds! I love listening to birds chirp and sing, but don't let them get near me

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several bird feeders and birdbaths for all the birds.

I like birdbirds and wrens and watch their antics!!

However I do not like in early summer all the singing in the wee hours before dawn as I am trying to sleep!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love birds!!! I had lots of them when i was growing up!!!
I would love to have more some day.

My favorite bird when i was growing up was a gorgeous yellow Lutino parakeet, his name was Jazz. He was my little buddy! He'd fly all over the house, he could talk, whistle and sing. He used to even take showers when i did
He never had accidents outside of his cage eithor- he was smart, he'd always fly back to his cage to use the bathroom. He was soo sweet- he used to groom my hair and give kisses
I miss him dearly- he was the best bird i've ever owned

I love visiting DH's aunt because she has a cockatiel avery
Her birds are gorgeous!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Are you a bird lover?....
.....Wich one is your favourite species?...
do you like and enjoy to listen the early morning chirps of the Birds?...
I have been interested in birds ever since I took a class in college that required us to find and identify 50 bird species around the college. Not to hard here in the spring, on the flyway.

My all-time favorite is the scissortail flycatcher. It's very pretty, acrobatic, and its arrival is the surest sign spring is really here.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally have no feelings one way or the other, but I don't like to hear the birds waking me up early, and I refuse to go to a friend's house because they have some huge bird that they let fly around the house and it bites people!

I do feed birds on the patio though, because it gives Riley something to watch on his "kitty tv".

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

My favorite bird when i was growing up was a gorgeous yellow Lutino parakeet, his name was Jazz. He was my little buddy! He'd fly all over the house, he could talk, whistle and sing. He used to even take showers when i did
He never had accidents outside of his cage eithor- he was smart, he'd always fly back to his cage to use the bathroom. He was soo sweet- he used to groom my hair and give kisses
I miss him dearly- he was the best bird i've ever owned
Aw, I've always wanted a bird like that! I had a green cheek conure once, his name was Merlin, I loved him dearly, but the feeling wasn't mutual... I've never figured out how to have a good relationship with a bird. Always wanted one, though!

As for wild birds, yes, I like them. My mom was really in to them the last few years before I moved out, but I never was. I enjoy hearing them and seeing them outside, but I'm no bird watcher!

My favorite is probably the red-winged black bird. They are beautiful and distinctive!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Birds are sweet creatures -- well the small ones are, anyway. I've never had a bird as a pet, nor do I think I would, but I enjoy their singing and flitting around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, great definition!...

here some examples of the bird that I love!..

Look the wire next to my home....

They usually like to stop to see the afternoon and chirp!...

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love birds, love to watch them and listen to them sing. But I'm not a bird watcher or anything like that. I used to feed them, but it got to be just too much to keep it up.

I think my favorite is the chickadee. I had eat out of my hand once, land on my hand and eat the seeds I was holding out for it. It was so sweet, didn't weigh anything at all.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love birds!
I used to have parakeets, but now, with so many cats, it's just easier not to have them.

My favorite bird is a cardinal. They're just so pretty, and I love to listen to them sing. Blue Jays are pretty too, but they annoy me with their squawking (sp?), and they're such bullies.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love birds and have been an avid birdwatcher for years...I really enjoy watching the hummingbirds that I have around my hanging plants and window boxes..
I think the prettiest type of bird I see on a regular basis are cardinals.

I also have tons of gold finches, and cedar waxwings..

As far a water birds go I have several wood ducks and a pair of blue herons I see on the river that are very nice as well..

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I actually am a bit frightened of birds
especially large birds! I love listening to birds chirp and sing, but don't let them get near me
Katie you are too cute!