mmmm! Cornmeal Bread, I can't wait!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I felt like baking something tonight but I don't have a lot of baking stuff in the cupboards so I settled on cornmeal bread.

I use a basic recipe and doctor it up differently each time I make it. Tonight I chopped up an onion and browned it in olive oil, added some finally chopped carrot, garlic powder, curry, chili powder and pepper. Then mixed it in with the cornmeal batter. It smells sooooo good! I can't wait to try it

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds really good! I wish I could smell it, too! Yum! Enjoy....let us know how good it is...torture us!!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Enjoy....let us know how good it is...torture us!!!
Hmmm
You're not a masochist, are you?

I've never been much of a cornbread lover, but it sure sounds good the way you're making it, Linda!

My weakness is home-made bread -- fresh out of the oven, with lots of REAL butter! Stick me in front of a loaf of that and I'll eat the whole thing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's ready!!

It tastes so good! The carmelized onion worked really well! I think a bit of crispy bacon would have been yummy in it too.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our old baker's at my job always put bacon grease in the cornbread muffins!! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm....like Emeril says, "Pork fat--its a good thing"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can also take some olive oil and drop the cornmeal into a pan and cook it like you would a pancake and thats really good, too.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

You can also take some olive oil and drop the cornmeal into a pan and cook it like you would a pancake and thats really good, too.
It sure is! And if you use canola instead, you can serve them with syrup just like pancakes!