Cat Peeing Questions

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mango's litter box is in the bathroom. I just got home and found a small puddle of (what I assume to be) urine on the floor. It's about a meter away from his litter box.

This is the very first time this has happened - I changed the litter box yesterday because he was using the Clevercat Top Entry box, but it was getting way too small for him and he had trouble even turning around in it. I switched over to a Tommy Marchioro covered litter box. He has used something similar when he was a kitten and recognizes it as his litter box. He was using the box just fine yesterday.

In fact, since I came home, he has gone into his box and peed.

Having read so much about peeing outside the box as a sign of UTI, I'm now worried.

Is urine supposed to be sticky-like?
Should I wait to see if this is a one-time incidence or get him to the vet asap?

Thanks!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't expect urine to be sticky unless it was somewhat dried. What color is the puddle?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katgoddess

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

I wouldn't expect urine to be sticky unless it was somewhat dried. What color is the puddle?
It was somewhat dried up. But I had only left the house for about an hour or so. Weird. The puddle was light yellow in color.

Update: It hasn't happened since, so I'm not sure what it was that day or what went on.