TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › OMG!! "Christmas" Came Early This Year!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMG!! "Christmas" Came Early This Year!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I just can't believe it! We have a new computer!!

A friend of ours came over yesterday to take a look at our computer, and to load a virus program -- or so I thought. Instead, unbeknowest to me, she walks in with a big box, and proceeds to say, "Happy Birthday & an early Merry Christmas!" I'm like, "What?" "What's going on?" She says, "I bought y'all a new computer." I didn't even know what to say! I was soooo surprised!!

She "inherited" some money from her late husband's veteran benefits (her husband and my s/o were really good friends), and she wanted to share the wealth, so to speak. Both of us were totally surprised: we never even knew it was coming!

There still are some good people left. What a sweetheart! Bless her heart!!

I'm just so excited & happy to have a new computer! Now I no longer have to worry about the old one crashing anymore!

~KK~
post #2 of 21
How generous of her! Congratulations!
post #3 of 21
Congrats I love it when people find the time to do selfless acts of kindness.
post #4 of 21
What a lovely surprise!
post #5 of 21
Wow! How wonderful! That was sooooo nice of her! Give her a hug from me for being so kind!
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
I just can't believe it! We have a new computer!!

A friend of ours came over yesterday to take a look at our computer, and to load a virus program -- or so I thought. Instead, unbeknowest to me, she walks in with a big box, and proceeds to say, "Happy Birthday & an early Merry Christmas!" I'm like, "What?" "What's going on?" She says, "I bought y'all a new computer." I didn't even know what to say! I was soooo surprised!!

She "inherited" some money from her late husband's veteran benefits (her husband and my s/o were really good friends), and she wanted to share the wealth, so to speak. Both of us were totally surprised: we never even knew it was coming!

There still are some good people left. What a sweetheart! Bless her heart!!

I'm just so excited & happy to have a new computer! Now I no longer have to worry about the old one crashing anymore!

~KK~
How wonderful a friend you have and how that your guys were so close. We don't really pay enough respect to our veterans today. The guys know how to look out for each other. We need to thank all of our persons in the armed forces for serving our country regardless of the reasons that they were called into action.
post #7 of 21
Oh my gosh that's amazing!!! It's always nice to know there are caring people in the world! I'm so happy for you!
post #8 of 21
Wow, what an amazing thing for her to do
post #9 of 21
wow! That is excellent news, Tiff!! I know how relieved you must be to not have to worry about your computer acting up anymore!!
post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by butzie View Post
How wonderful a friend you have and how that your guys were so close. We don't really pay enough respect to our veterans today. The guys know how to look out for each other. We need to thank all of our persons in the armed forces for serving our country regardless of the reasons that they were called into action.

I agree with that 100%!
post #11 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Wow! How wonderful! That was sooooo nice of her! Give her a hug from me for being so kind!
I'll be sure to do that, Linda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
wow! That is excellent news, Tiff!! I know how relieved you must be to not have to worry about your computer acting up anymore!!

It's a load off my mind, that's for sure! Having a reliable computer means a lot to me since I'm housebound most of the time, b/c it gives me something to do. And also b/c I can "watch" my granddaughter growing up through pix & videos!
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117 View Post
I love it when people find the time to do selfless acts of kindness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya View Post
Oh my gosh that's amazing!!! It's always nice to know there are caring people in the world!

It sure restores some of my faith in humanity. There's so much "bad" news in the world now-a-days that you sometimes wonder if there ARE any good people left!

That now makes two wonderful acts of kindness I've received this week: the computer, and the wonderful 'donation' I received from my "fairy godmother" so I could participate in this year's Secret Santa!
post #13 of 21
What a sweet thing of her to do!!! Sounds like a wonderful friend to be so thoughtful!! Congrats on your new pc!!!
post #14 of 21
Aww! And as happy as you are, think how thrilled she must be to be able to do that for you! S'wonderful!
post #15 of 21
oOo what kind of computer did you get? ( I mean like, is it intel core 2 duo?... and what brand )
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
I just can't believe it! We have a new computer!!

A friend of ours came over yesterday to take a look at our computer, and to load a virus program -- or so I thought. Instead, unbeknowest to me, she walks in with a big box, and proceeds to say, "Happy Birthday & an early Merry Christmas!" I'm like, "What?" "What's going on?" She says, "I bought y'all a new computer." I didn't even know what to say! I was soooo surprised!!

She "inherited" some money from her late husband's veteran benefits (her husband and my s/o were really good friends), and she wanted to share the wealth, so to speak. Both of us were totally surprised: we never even knew it was coming!

There still are some good people left. What a sweetheart! Bless her heart!!

I'm just so excited & happy to have a new computer! Now I no longer have to worry about the old one crashing anymore!

~KK~
congratulations, I would have fallen over in a dead faint.
post #17 of 21
Yay!!! You are sooo nice, you definitely deserve to have good things like this happen to you.
post #18 of 21
Congratulations for the New PC chick!......How goes right now?.....
are you still happy?...
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
oOo what kind of computer did you get? ( I mean like, is it intel core 2 duo?... and what brand )
It's something called an "E-Machine". I think it's made by Intel.. But I don't care who makes it! I'm just so thrilled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlpooper View Post
congratulations, I would have fallen over in a dead faint.

I just about DID! I was so surprised I didn't know what to say!
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
Congratulations for the New PC chick!......How goes right now?.....
are you still happy?...
Happy isn't the word, Rigel! More like estactic!!
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
Happy isn't the word, Rigel! More like estactic!!
I´m green of Envy my friend!...
Again, congratulations!...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › OMG!! "Christmas" Came Early This Year!