Boy did I screw this up... denutting Wilbur. The tragedy

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I blew it!

I decided to get Tinker (female) fixed, and wait on Wilbur (Male). I guess I didn't realize how aggressive he was going to get.

he's a really horny little dude I know that! poor tinker spends a lot of time just running away from him and hiding.

Will he get over this soon? I'm sure it's a cycle but how long will it last?

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hormones are still in the body 4-6 weeks after neutering.
If you haven't had him neutered yet, look for some of the reduced cost clinics in your area.

Poor Tinker. I hope you are keeping them separated when you aren't around to protect her.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Why did you wait on Wilbur? I hope you get him neutered soon, and separate them in the mean time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KristyKitty

Why did you wait on Wilbur? I hope you get him neutered soon, and separate them in the mean time.
I just thought it might be better to only have one kitty down at a time

Originally Posted by Mom of 4

The hormones are still in the body 4-6 weeks after neutering.
If you haven't had him neutered yet, look for some of the reduced cost clinics in your area.

Poor Tinker. I hope you are keeping them separated when you aren't around to protect her.
I don't have them separated, but I am a homebody, and I work from home now too. So I'm here every day, ALL day. I even have my groceries delivered.
that's the top rung of the lazy ladder

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just watch him because he can get really aggressive with her with him not be neutered and really hurt her. The soonest possible that you can have him neutered the better before you have a spraying male cat.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once the hormones hit the boys, they have sex on their minds 24/7
So you must keep them separated since she's just had surgery and get him neutered as quick as you can.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

Are we talking about humans or felines her?
I have said for many years that before anyone has kids, who will eventually become teenagers, they should have an unneutered male cat.

When they go out the door, you never know when they'll come home. And only hunger will actually bring them home. And all they have on their mind is sex.

Oh, and they stink.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

I just thought it might be better to only have one kitty down at a time
oh I see. I figured being a guy, you felt bad doing it to your little male kitten

When my cats were kittens, we had them done at the same time (male and female), then separated them. That way they are both recovering at the same time, and one isn't trying to play and jump on the other while he/she is recovering.

oh and LOL at the teenagers vs. un-neutered males comparison

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This isn't a phase and he won't get any better. In fact, it will become worse. He will become aggressive towards you, anyone who comes into your house and any other animal he has access to. He will begin to spray and to be extremely urgent in his desire to go outside.

While I can understand not wanting to have two cats recovering at the same time, the honest truth here is that you should go ahead and get him neutered now rather than wait. Spraying and aggression are learned behaviors in cats and once they are established, they do not go away.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have said for many years that before anyone has kids, who will eventually become teenagers, they should have an unneutered male cat.

When they go out the door, you never know when they'll come home. And only hunger will actually bring them home. And all they have on their mind is sex.

Oh, and they stink.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There's a story that after they got Buddy the Dog, the Clintons brought him to a veterenary clinic. Hillary said, "I want him neutered." The vet said, "The dog, ma'am?"