it doesn't look like Sassy's ever going to come back!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been 3 & a half month's roughly, since she went missing now! i don't think am ever going to see her again!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good grief! has it really been that long!

i'm so sorry. it must be so difficult not knowing. there is the chance that she found somewhere else to live. i know that might sound crazy cos she obviously had a wonderful home with you, but a friend of mine had that happen with one of hers. this cat decided to move in with a lady down the road. it was bizarre, cos she had a fantastic home with my friend but still chose to leave.

it's just a thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

good grief! has it really been that long!

i'm so sorry. it must be so difficult not knowing. there is the chance that she found somewhere else to live. i know that might sound crazy cos she obviously had a wonderful home with you, but a friend of mine had that happen with one of hers. this cat decided to move in with a lady down the road. it was bizarre, cos she had a fantastic home with my friend but still chose to leave.

it's just a thought.
yeh true, my partner think's it's because she might not of settled in enough.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

yeh true, my partner think's it's because she might not of settled in enough.
That could be the case. I bet someone took her in thinking they found a stray.
With Lucia she was obviously owned once but now she is in my home. If someone were looking for her I would not have known. She had no microchip and was living under the porch. My neighbor said she had been there for months. So now she lives with me.
I am sure she is alright and you still may see her again. Stranger things have happened.
I didn't realize it had been so long until a few days ago I was thinking of the still missing cats on board.

I am really sorry.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

That could be the case. I bet someone took her in thinking they found a stray.
With Lucia she was obviously owned once but now she is in my home. If someone were looking for her I would not have known. She had no microchip and was living under the porch. My neighbor said she had been there for months. So now she lives with me.
I am sure she is alright and you still may see her again. Stranger things have happened.
I didn't realize it had been so long until a few days ago I was thinking of the still missing cats on board.

I am really sorry.
thankyou, i just really hope she's safe.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

thankyou, i just really hope she's safe.
I am sure she is. I am not just saying that either. From what you said about her I bet she could hold her own.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I am sure she is. I am not just saying that either. From what you said about her I bet she could hold her own.
aww, thankyou!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope she comes back one day. My Sisters Cat came back after missing for about 1.5 months. I hope Jasper comes bac his bdy is Aug 29th and he is still missing.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat for 6-7 years once, and he moved out. He took his favorite toy and moved in with an elderly gentleman down the street who lived alone. His daughter promised to take him if the man passed away and the cat was still living.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I had a cat for 6-7 years once, and he moved out. He took his favorite toy and moved in with an elderly gentleman down the street who lived alone. His daughter promised to take him if the man passed away and the cat was still living.
I had never heard of that happening before. I am sorry I giggled a little at the visual of a cat actually taking his toy and running away. Maybe he thought the elderly man needed him. Some animals respond to human need.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that you still have so many scritches and cuddles in your heart that are just for Sassy but I think that the others are right and if she's still out there, she has found another home - maybe with some elderly person; like KrazyKat2 & CC12 said, cats respond to human needs, and since the elderly are often home all day long, and often outside in the yard working in the morning hours, it makes sense that cats choose to companion them.
It's a lovely thought, that Sassy has brightened some poor soul's life considerably

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would never give up. I assume you have done everything you can possibly do. But keep at it- it is early in some ways. I have a friend who lost her cat while travelling away from home. (some 400 miles or so). She put up posters and a yr later, a woman called her. (She lost the cat because she had a car accident and he ran out of the car, scared and in the chaos of her being taken to the hospital et al, he was lost.) He was in the same area as he had been lost the ENTIRE time and if you read anything at all about lost cats (and really, it depends on so many variables, mostly the cat's temperament and especially if s/he is an indoor or outdoor kitty). Indoor cat especially do not roam but they will run even from their person - they recognize ppl by smell so I would set a trap (some pl even use videos). Look at the catsinthebag.org site - there are great suggestions there. But NEVER give up hope. Some pet detectives will create a grid and search. Have you tried that?

I do wish you luck. I lost - or my family did - I just graduated from univ so my cats are with me but sometimes have stayed with my folks when I have been too busy and studying. (They are good sitters!) - one cat once - he jumped on my mom's cr and went for a ride and there he was picked up by a child who took him home. Later- maybe a month or so - we saw him in a newspaper - and there he was! He was black but we knew it was him,. The family graciously gave him back to us, thankfully - we watched him well after that and he became an indoor cat. (We did not know any better at the time and thought a cat should go outside).

As for my friend, her cat also never went in her car unless he was in a carrier!!!

I hope your cat des come home and you find her!! Come home Sassy!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I know that you still have so many scritches and cuddles in your heart that are just for Sassy but I think that the others are right and if she's still out there, she has found another home - maybe with some elderly person; like KrazyKat2 & CC12 said, cats respond to human needs, and since the elderly are often home all day long, and often outside in the yard working in the morning hours, it makes sense that cats choose to companion them.
It's a lovely thought, that Sassy has brightened some poor soul's life considerably
aww, that's very true!

Originally Posted by Siobhan

I would never give up. I assume you have done everything you can possibly do. But keep at it- it is early in some ways. I have a friend who lost her cat while travelling away from home. (some 400 miles or so). She put up posters and a yr later, a woman called her. (She lost the cat because she had a car accident and he ran out of the car, scared and in the chaos of her being taken to the hospital et al, he was lost.) He was in the same area as he had been lost the ENTIRE time and if you read anything at all about lost cats (and really, it depends on so many variables, mostly the cat's temperament and especially if s/he is an indoor or outdoor kitty). Indoor cat especially do not roam but they will run even from their person - they recognize ppl by smell so I would set a trap (some pl even use videos). Look at the catsinthebag.org site - there are great suggestions there. But NEVER give up hope. Some pet detectives will create a grid and search. Have you tried that?

I do wish you luck. I lost - or my family did - I just graduated from univ so my cats are with me but sometimes have stayed with my folks when I have been too busy and studying. (They are good sitters!) - one cat once - he jumped on my mom's cr and went for a ride and there he was picked up by a child who took him home. Later- maybe a month or so - we saw him in a newspaper - and there he was! He was black but we knew it was him,. The family graciously gave him back to us, thankfully - we watched him well after that and he became an indoor cat. (We did not know any better at the time and thought a cat should go outside).

As for my friend, her cat also never went in her car unless he was in a carrier!!!

I hope your cat des come home and you find her!! Come home Sassy!
thankyou!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

That is the sweetest thing. Can you picture her on some older person's lap purring and giving such comfort to them.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

That is the sweetest thing. Can you picture her on some older person's lap purring and giving such comfort to them.
aww hehe, i can picture that!
it never stop's me thinking about her, & wishing she was here with me on my lap though.