Another update on Sam, and advice needed!!

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I called the vet this morning, and talked to the vet for a loooong time. The short of it is is that they don't really know what's wrong with my boy. They know he is not blocked. They put the catheter in and checked the urine. There was no sign of infection, but there was bilirubin in his urine, indicating, of course, a problem with his liver : ( However, when they did the b/w, his liver and kidney levels were normal. His red blood count was a little off, but his white blood count was fine. He is still running a fever. At this point, the vet is giving him antibiotics and a drip. He said that he was looking better today. He also said that yesterday he feared that it was neurological just by the looks of Sam when i brought him in. He said that his eyes looked blank, but they are more reactive today. He thinks *maybe* a tick borne illness, but can't be sure at this point. I just don't know what to think! I am a nervous wreck! He said he would call me if there was any change, and he will call me tomorrow when he goes in to check on him. Any ideas or advice would be wonderful! I am worried sick, and his brother, King, is really missing him. He just walks around looking for him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sam is the black one on the left, loving up on his brother, King

If this works....

magycmyste

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid I don't have any advice for you, but tI hope your kitty gets better soon!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Postive thoughts for a quick & correct diagnosis followed by treatment.
Originally Posted by laureen227

adding my & for the above as well!
and me too.
for you and king at this worrying time.

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the prayers and good vibes. Impatiently waiting to hear from the vet! Decided to stay home from church
so I wouldn't miss the call.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry I named the wrong brother. Many Prayers and for Sam. They are very handsom cats. They look like my Squeaker.

heather40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I heard from the vet, but he didn't really say anything. He said Sam looked like he felt a lot better today, fever was down some, and he was moving around a lot. They plan to do more bloodwork in the morning and another urinalysis, so now I have to wait another day...