How old am I?

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a temporary guest we're just calling Kitty. Someone threw her and a sibling from a car yesterday and my fiance picked her up (the other kitten died). She looks/feels really underweight, I can feel all her bones. She's unbelievably friendly, and seems to be uninjured. I'm wanting to know if I should be giving her a little kitten milk? We bought her some and she loves it and eats wet food as well. She weighs about 2 pounds (if that) and fits into both my hands when she's curled up. I want to keep her but the building I live in is very pet unfriendly, if we were moving at the end of the month like we planned I would. She's going to a new home on Monday.

happy to be rescued, she spent the day "helping" crop spray

This gives you an idea of how thin she looks

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm moving your thread to the Pregnant cats and kitten care. The experts here should be able to give you more advice on this little one's age and care.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor little thing. Hope we get to see the "AFTER" pictures soon. She looks about 8-10 weeks old at the most.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Aww poor little thing. Hope we get to see the "AFTER" pictures soon. She looks about 8-10 weeks old at the most.
Hopefully the people will send me pictures of her progress, I really wish I could keep her. I think she'll do a little better with them because they've got other kitties, she seems to always need company, she even cried when she couldn't follow me into the shower. I'll get more pics later today after we've cleaned her up. She's really dirty and smells like a foot, I haven't seen her groom at all yet either.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
the kitten milk will help her gain much-needed weight - i used it [the just born liquid] for around 4 months for Firefox. Firefox was younger than Kitty when i took her in - only around 4-5 weeks old.

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

the kitten milk will help her gain much-needed weight - i used it [the just born liquid] for around 4 months for Firefox.
Good! I took some of the milk and used it to sort of mash her wet food, it turned out she was having trouble eating the chunks.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Celeste8540

Good! I took some of the milk and used it to sort of mash her wet food, it turned out she was having trouble eating the chunks.
yeah, i did that w/Firefox's wet food... i also gave her the formula alone in between meals. i did this until she was 2 pounds [around the end of July 07, i think? she would've been almost 3 months old by then.] then until what i had was gone.
she's still the smallest of my 5 cats.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor little baby. She is skin and bones.
Getting her cleaned up is good and while cleaning her you can look for fleas.
Feed her as much wet kitten food as she will eat. Some people mix the formula in so that the kittens get extra vitamins and calories.
Giving her warmth and love until she goes to her new home will help her on her quest to get healthy.
For Kitty.

denham

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is very similar to what Tundra and Tacoma looked like when we first got them. The vet said about 12 weeks old.

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone
I think I'm going to take her to the vet in the morning for some antibiotics, she's definitly got a respiratory infection. Maybe if I tell them what happened I can get everything for a lower cost since she's more of a foster than my pet. Luckily she doesn't have any fleas or ticks and is litter trained. I snapped a couple pictures of her

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor sweet baby! I'm so glad you found/rescued her! She definitely looks sick, doesn't she? Will she let you gently clean her face with a warm, wet washcloth? I'd want to try to keep her eyes and nose as clear as possible if I were you until the antibiotics kick in.

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, she lets us wipe up her face, it looked worse in the picture but it's hard to get the bloody goober (she doesn't have any blood anymore) off around her nose.

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've gotten so attached to her I'm going to ask my landlord if we can have a cat. They changed the status of the building from "no pets even to visit" to "pets allowed only with special arrangements".

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did she injure her eye/nose in being thrown out?

A soft cloth with "blood warm" water (about 95-100 degrees) will help get her cleaned up. But until she feels better, she probably won't be very good at keeping herself clean, poor baby.

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Did she injure her eye/nose in being thrown out?

A soft cloth with "blood warm" water (about 95-100 degrees) will help get her cleaned up. But until she feels better, she probably won't be very good at keeping herself clean, poor baby.
I'm not sure, the kitten that died right away had the blood around the nose too. She seemed to have a little blood coming out with the snot the first night. I'll find out tomorrow what it is. I've got it mostly cleaned up, it took a lot of work.

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Kitty went to her new home yesterday (I'm regretting not keeping her even though we're not supposed to have cats, we're moving in October). It's sad, I'm going to tell my coworker that we'll come get Kitty if her friend doesn't want her for whatever reason. I'll update you guys when I hear how she's doing.