A second Chance in life...

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everybody, meet my foster kitten, Chance! For those who remember, I posted in Cat SOS about a 70 year old lady who has mental illness hoarding 30-40 cats and 2 dogs in her tiny apartment.

Chance is one of the lucky ones to be rescued out without the lady's knowledge (She would not consent for any of her cats to be brought out). I'm fostering Chance till he recovers his health and gets a new furever home

Chance is 2.5 months old, male. He's got flu, conjunctivitis, ear mites, and diarrhoea so bad he cries out when he poos because of his sore bum. Despite all this, he's a loving boy, very playful and active, and frequently comes to humans for cuddles

TCS folks, please send some vibes that I will be able to find him a great furever home.

Meanwhile, here he is!!

Being held at the vet's office:

In the carrier on the way home. He was such a good boy, sat at the corner of the carrier and played with his tail or a toy, didn't even make a peep!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he makes a speedy recovery! (And the others as well!)

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh the poor little thing! i'm so glad he was rescued but sad for the remaining cats. what condition must they be in.

looks like life has now improved massively for the little guy.

here's tons and tons of that he gets a loving home really soon.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Poor baby
He is so beautiful though I would snatch him up in a heartbeat!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chance is such a pretty boy! I would take him home

Sending for a forever loving home for Chance

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, what a sweetie!
Well, sounds as if this little guy has landed on his feet. that he's strong and healthy soon, and finds a wonderful furrever home.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto on the "he's beautiful" comments. Any idea what kind of cat he is or what he is mixed with.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous!
Gonna be such a handsome full grown kitty. it is great you are taken care of him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, for the kind comments and vibes. Chance and I need plenty of those magical TCS vibes alright!

Originally Posted by AddieBee

Ditto on the "he's beautiful" comments. Any idea what kind of cat he is or what he is mixed with.
Unfortunately he was rescued from a hoarder who had 30-40 cats in her home. Its a huge question mark who has parents were... He reminds me of an Abby somehow, but that's unlikely. The cats the hoarder has are probably all strays of indistinct breed (although she had a Persian kitten which was in such bad shape it lost an eye. Happily, that kitten has since found a home).

Here's a picture of Chance having his breakfast right as I'm typing this

Blended rice with chicken to help with his horrible diarrhoea.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some TCSers at the Health & Nutrition forum have also said that he looks like an Abyssinian!

Here's a latest pic of Chance playing in his little pen in my room.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chance still has an unsettled stomach. Along with gooey poop, he's also farting up a storm!

But these are some things he does when he's not busy farting...

PLAY!!

Watch TV (seriously!)

Get jailed for being too darned cute

And of course, sleep...

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he's utterly darling!!
That's so great you are giving him a second chance on life!!

I hope his poop solidifies soon! Poor guy, that sounds awful. Wish I knew some secrets for you guys... Instead, here are mega powerful that he feels better soon! I know you'll nurse him to health in no time.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chance and I thank you for the vibes! I'll continue to keep everyone posted on his progress

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
an idea... Java had terrible gas [
] when i 'acquired' her [found in the parking lot @ school] that later developed into softish poops, then runny ones, then VERY watery diarrhea... she was diagnosed w/a bacterial intestinal overgrowth. she ended up needing 2 rounds of antibiotics plus a round of probiotics for complete recovery.
downside - she used to sleep on my shoulder [i think her tummy hurt her
] & once she was cured, she stopped!
this is the probiotic i used, btw: Bene-Bac

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

an idea... Java had terrible gas [
] when i 'acquired' her [found in the parking lot @ school] that later developed into softish poops, then runny ones, then VERY watery diarrhea... she was diagnosed w/a bacterial intestinal overgrowth. she ended up needing 2 rounds of antibiotics plus a round of probiotics for complete recovery.
downside - she used to sleep on my shoulder [i think her tummy hurt her
] & once she was cured, she stopped!
this is the probiotic i used, btw: Bene-Bac
Cool! thanks for the link, I'll have to go see if pet stores in Singapore sell it. I'm planning on bringing him to see a vet tomorrow, so I may ask if they carry it.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I spy pointy ears?

Yep! Wish I could go cuddle up there with him

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg I love Chance!

Chance sure looks like he has abyssinian in him!

When I first brought Zoey home she had the runs and stinky farts. She had Giardia. I hope Chance feels better soon!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chance's enclosure is a sorry sight this morning. There are yellow diarrhoea stains all about, half his toys are smeared with poop too.

Chance himself is happy to see me, and told me all about that exciting dream he had during the night about his bird-shaped toy which chirps when he bats it (my friend bought that for him)

He'd just had breakfast, and immediately went into PLAY!!! mode with his toys. Unfortunately, that loosened his bowels and he squirted diarrhoea down his leg and onto the floor and some of his toys. The poor dear sniffed at a pile of it on the floor and tried to scratch at the mat to cover his doo-doo. Sigh~ Poor little bugger.

I'm gonna bring him to a vet later this evening. No pix for now, he's WAY too active!

I'm late for work now, catch yall later with updates from the vet!