What to do????

sailahara

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a new issue that has arisen with Shadow. My husband bought me a new pendent for our anniversary and Shadow believes it is his apparently. He is attacking it even when I sleep. I wake up to him attacking me. It was kinda funny the first few times, but it seems as though he is obsessed! I thought he would tire of it just like the rest of his toys, however not this time
! Please help! I really dont want to have to take off my gift, which would hurt my hubby's feelings. Thanks

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Surely your husband would understand you taking it off to sleep.

Maybe put some bitter apple spray on it to deter him.

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You really should not sleep with jewelry on. (except for a wedding ring) It can damage you and the jewelry.

Angie

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sailahara

I have a new issue that has arisen with Shadow. My husband bought me a new pendent for our anniversary and Shadow believes it is his apparently. He is attacking it even when I sleep. I wake up to him attacking me. It was kinda funny the first few times, but it seems as though he is obsessed! I thought he would tire of it just like the rest of his toys, however not this time
! Please help! I really dont want to have to take off my gift, which would hurt my hubby's feelings. Thanks
First of all, his toys don't feed him! Maybe he has found a great way to wake you up and get attention? Is it near morning wakeup, within 2 hours? It certainly doesn't sound vicious, just irritating.
Easiest would be to remove the source, in this case the necklace.

amarna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i'd just take the necklace off at night - then after a while you could probably put it back on, after shadow is used to it not being there. cats are buggers like that - whenever i wear dangly earrings i've got a cat launching itself at my earlobe. it's lovely & painful

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amarna

i'd just take the necklace off at night - then after a while you could probably put it back on, after shadow is used to it not being there. cats are buggers like that - whenever i wear dangly earrings i've got a cat launching itself at my earlobe. it's lovely & painful
I agree. Just remove at night for some undisturbed sleep and put in on again during the day. He will figure out it is not there and stop doing it.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh...take the necklace off at night?
Or shut the bedroom door so kitty can't come in.

If your husband has issues with you not wearing the necklace 24/7, then you have bigger problems.

It could be worse, your kitty could have a thing for playing with feet under the covers. We can't even have Chloe in the room at night, we'd never sleep.

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you really don't want to take the necklace off (I think that's sweet) you could try diverting his attention with another toy. I call it "changing the subject." Wear him out before bed then give him a really cool toy to play with instead of your necklace. Catnip might help.