*****KatKwiz! - August 15*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To our regular KatKwiz players: The August 13 KatKwiz still remains unanswered. I will go directly to Anne if we do not have the answer soon but I do not like to bother her unless absolutely necessary. And since we have never had a KatKwiz without an answer, this may become necessary. Here is where we are:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=174153

And now for today's question which should get an answer right away:

'Sticky' threads are created by moderators or administrators, and remain 'stuck' to the top of the listing, even if they haven't had any posts recently. Their purpose is to ___________________________.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

'Sticky' threads are created by moderators or administrators, and remain 'stuck' to the top of the listing, even if they haven't had any posts recently. Their purpose is to ___________________________.
There purpose is to call the attention of the members so that they can inform us of important announcements or special instructions (i.e. the dragon eggs).

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Their purpose is to keep important information visible and accessible at all times.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

Their purpose is to keep important information visible and accessible at all times.
Looks like marianjela beat you by a split minute; however, I have PM'd her to show proof that she got her answer from TCS, so you may still be the winner because I know you got yours from TCS.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I saw that she just beat my to it...I don't really care either way. I was just surprised that I actually got around to answering the Kwiz today before a million other people!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Looks like marianjela beat you by a split minute; however, I have PM'd her to show proof that she got her answer from TCS, so you may still be the winner because I know you got yours from TCS.
Sorry, I didnt look up the answer. I simply gave an educated answer. I didnt know you were looking for exact words off the site. I know what the purpose of a sticky is and simply answered it my own words.

If you go to the FAQ - then type in "sticky" in the search bar, the definition and purpose will be displayed in the results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, I saw that she just beat my to it...I don't really care either way. I was just surprised that I actually got around to answering the Kwiz today before a million other people!
You, in fact, ARE today's winner according to the KatKwiz rules which state your answer must come from TCS. The reason for this is because the purpose of KatKwiz is to get people familiar with the various areas of TCS and where all the information can be found.

So,
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Answer: Go to FAQ above and look under "Forums threads and posts" and scroll down to "What are sticky threads?"

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You, in fact, ARE today's winner according to the KatKwiz rules which state your answer must come from TCS. The reason for this is because the purpose of KatKwiz is to get people familiar with the various areas of TCS and where all the information can be found.

So,
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Answer: Go to FAQ above and look under "Forums threads and posts" and scroll down to "What are sticky threads?"
I read the answer in the FAQ on TCS in the past, so I didnt have to look it up word for word today. But it doesnt matter.

Congratulations Cocoa Cream.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here I thought you'd won already Marianjela! I was about to do the same thing you did, actually, and just give the answer in my own words...but I thought I'd better look it up just in case. Glad I did!
Now...on to KatKwery!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here I thought you'd won already Marianjela! I was about to do the same thing you did, actually, and just give the answer in my own words...but I thought I'd better look it up just in case. Glad I did!
Now...on to KatKwery!
Ha! Actually, I was heading to look it up - but seen what time he posted the question - and read the warning about it being an easy one, so I decided to just answer it before someone beat me to it. So I answered by memory.

That's what I get. Oh well... Congrats all the same - and good luck at the Kwery!