flea collar's!

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've just ordered some flea collar's, & am wondering whether they need any other treatment's whilst wearing the collar's? the collar's offer protection for 4 month's.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're much better off using a spot on flea treatment, flea collars are dangerous and don't usually work either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

You're much better off using a spot on flea treatment, flea collars are dangerous and don't usually work either.
ok, thank's for that.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't despair though, you haven't wasted your money.
The best use of flea collars is to cut them into quarters and use the pieces in your vacuum cleaner bag.

cmoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, I found the flea collars useless. "Advantage" squeezed on to the back of the neck, worked well for my cats. Also, no side effects.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cancel the order! I'm serious. Flea collars are junk and don't work. Also they cause more problems as the poison is on the collar and if another pet chews on it or it gets caught in your cat's mouth, you'll have a dead cat.

The only good thing to do with them is cut them up and put them in the vacuum if you have a flea problem.

There are better ways to treat for fleas - Advantage or Frontline is a much safer and more effective way to prevent fleas.