I have footage of the guy who stole my bike!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The garage sent me the footage from the security camera (so of course I put it on YouTube):

GRRR!!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should send it to the police there, as well as one of the news stations so that they can run the video. Maybe they can catch the guy. There is a pretty good image of his face towards the end.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You should send it to the police there, as well as one of the news stations so that they can run the video. Maybe they can catch the guy. There is a pretty good image of his face towards the end.
He shouldn't be able to get away with this. Show the tape to the police and have them do something about it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Linda, it's worth a shot!

I am so sorry about that stupid guy stealing your bike!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I'm definitely sending it to the police - that's why I asked the garage to send it to me - so I could make it part of the police report. The police station had already closed by the time I picked up my mail, so I have to wait until tomorrow to do it.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you live in a small town...

My daughter had her bike stolen from Wal-Mart over this summer, and it was caught on tape. Wal-Mart wouldnt release the tape to us, but did give it to the police when I filed the report. They told us it was still unlikely to get the bike back.

A few days after that, we actually seen the kid ride down our block on her bike! By the time my daughters called me outside, the kid was gone and DH had the car... anyway, I called the police and explained to them which way they went but it was over an hour before anyone even came by, and they were long gone by then.

Puh.

I wish you luck!!! I know how you feel. I think I was more angry someone could do that in broad daylight under a camera AND get away with it more than losing the actual bike itself - although it does bite!! Grrrr...

Good luck - I really hope you get somewhere with it!!!

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really hope they catch the guy!!

I wonder how people justify doing that. That guy was so nonchalant about it, like it was just second nature to just walk out with someone else's bike. I bet they feel like since people have probably stolen things from them, they are "owed" something back and think it's okay to steal.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know - I'm amazed at how calm he is about it. He took it not long after we left Starbucks next door - so we wonder if he was watching us, and waiting for us to leave.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
creepy...makes you wonder how calm he might be committing other crimes... I mean not to minimize what has happened to you, but stealing a bike is a relatively small crime. Who knows what else this guy does. Hopefully he does try to steal something bigger--he is more likely to get caught, and then you might get your bike back! I guess it's not too likely but there's always a chance!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate people who steal things.

I took a couple screenshots of him. I suggest you a) pin the picture to a dartboard and do some target practice, or b) put the picture up on craigslist or something with information about your bike and when/where it was stolen.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love what you named the pic!

Thanks for that. I put the video on Craigslist, but I think maybe I could get those photos and maybe post them outside the garage it got stolen from??

I haven't heard anything yet and don't expect to. I did get an insurance check already which amazed me!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I love what you named the pic!

Thanks for that. I put the video on Craigslist, but I think maybe I could get those photos and maybe post them outside the garage it got stolen from??

I haven't heard anything yet and don't expect to. I did get an insurance check already which amazed me!
I speak the truth.
Anyway, I hope you get your bike back. Keep us updated if anything happens!

xlpooper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yep, send it to the coppers and I hope they get him.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whoa that is CREEPY Moz!!! If you follow that lead Sarah make sure you take the police with you!!!

I am getting a bike in a couple weeks, hope it doesn't get stolen! I know that is a popular crime. wonder why?