My poor hubby

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's had bad consitpation since June. It will clear up with laxative but then just come right back. It's so bad today that he has stomach cramps and his back hurts.
He just took a laxative and said if he doesn't go soon he's going to the doctor. I'm sure they will give him an enema. YIKES

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sound incredibly painful. My neice's Daughter has been constipated since birth. She has to take laxatives daily. She is five and has to wear diapers she has no control. If she doesn't take the laxitives she has to have enemas. The poor little girl always has stomach pain.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he taking anything for pain, such as Tylenol #3 or another narcotic? If so, those things cause constipation. Iron pills are also very constipating.

The key to regular bowel movements is adequate amounts of the following:

exercise
fluids
fibre (raw veggies, whole grains, fruits, fibre supplements if needed)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Is he taking anything for pain, such as Tylenol #3 or another narcotic? If so, those things cause constipation. Iron pills are also very constipating.

The key to regular bowel movements is adequate amounts of the following:

exercise
fluids
fibre (raw veggies, whole grains, fruits, fibre supplements if needed)
Nope he's not taking any narcotics. He has a physical job so he gets exercise. He drinks water all day at work, but I don't think he gets much fiber. Back in June he had a sinus infection that the doctor gave him antibiotics for. Ever since then he had trouble in bathroom department.

owenj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If antibiotics are the cause, he needs some yogurt to help re-establish the bacterial colonies in his intestine. And some fiber pills might help too. Just my opinion though.

But if there's one thing I do know, it's that I wouldn't want my wife telling folks all over the internet that I was constipated.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww I hope he feels better soon. Definitely see if he can incorporate more of the fruit, fibre into his diet (along with keeping his water intake up). Hopefully that will keep things moving along better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he didn't go to the doctor. His stomach cramps have stopped but his lower back still hurts. I think later I will try and talk him into eating a big bowl of raisin bran. That always makes me go.