So What Is Up With The Site This Time?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site is slow as molassas again. There are so many threads that I would love to reply to, but it takes forever and a day to load...or it just times out. It's gotten to the point, when I want to go to page 2 of a thread, I just close the browser and open it again, and click on page 2. It's getting ridiculous. I even wonder if I need to start trying to post Wednesday's Question Of The Day on Tuesday night...just so I'll be able to get the page to open. It had gotten better for a while when we discontinued the dragons.

I notice as I'm typing this, this page hasn't opened all the way (only one green bar on IE.) It's gonna take frickin' forever to load and post this query. My guess is that I'll just become too impatient and close the darn thing out before it posts...

Well, here goes...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It has been lagging a bit, hasn't it? It's frustrating when you can't get your TCS fix.
I may be forced to clean my house or something.

Anne is aware of the problems and they should be fixed soon.
She has arranged for TCS to be moved to another server which should speed things up. Prior to moving, our admins have been doing some backups just to be safe. This can also cause a slowdown in performance.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I know it's frustrating for everybody, but I have to say I'm glad to hear it isn't just my computer. I was getting ready to call my computer tech to come and check things out.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive had a couple slow days but nothing as extreme as you're describing!

I didn't think the dragons slowed things down that much either... It didn't on my computer at least!

So good luck and I hope it gets fixed soon, then I can see if its fast as lightning which would be awesome!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I didn't think the dragons slowed things down that much either... It didn't on my computer at least!
Oh those dragons were a huge drain! Even I noticed it, and I usually don't have problems!

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early in the morning ,like right now, I have no trouble getting on the site. But as the day wears on especially late afternoon and at night I can not get on the site. It will say looking for the cat site but thats its. And its only an issue with site. Anyone else having this issue? And how do I fix it? This has been going on for about a week.

I might not be able to check this entry this afternoon. But I'll catch it early morning.