Cat Milk

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What do you guys think of cat milk Mitzy seems to love milk and I heard that my milk is bad for him so I went down to tescos and got some cat milk for him instead. I don't know if I should be feeding it to him though. I got the one with the lowest lactose content.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if it's the ready-made stuff from pet stores [like this] then it won't hurt him. none of mine like it much, tho.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no need to go and buy special milk for your cat. Just switch yourself to lactaid milk and then you can give it to your cat too.

Most cats are lactose intolerant so they can't digest the lactose sugar found in milk, which results in upset stomaches, cramps and diarrhea.

I'm lactose intolerant so I use lactaid milk, and when my kitties decide they want to share, I give them their own serving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's whiskas cat milk.

Now why would I change the milk I like to drink for one my cat would drink? I'd not drink it so what would be the point? If I liked that milk myself I'd already be drinking it wouldn't I?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by J_F_A

It's whiskas cat milk.

Now why would I change the milk I like to drink for one my cat would drink? I'd not drink it so what would be the point? If I liked that milk myself I'd already be drinking it wouldn't I?
It tastes the same as regular milk

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It tastes the same as regular milk
Not to me it doesn't. To me it tastes yucky! I find the same with margarine - it just isn't butter. I love how everyone says you can't tell the difference but I always can tell the difference.

Goat's milk usually isn't a problem for cats - it just seems to be cows milk that presents a problem.

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Goats milk is usually fine - although my kittens couldn't handle the sudden change from KMR to goats milk. You can also buy powdered KMR and mix it up. It's also for use on show cats for good quality coats, mine never liked it though.