Alvin, you are DEAD MEAT!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My car - actually my mom's car (signed over to me) - wasn't running properly and the check engine light came on. So I took it to the dealership to see what was wrong, along with other, routine maintenance.

Well, apparently a family of chipmunks had nested in the engine block! The way this engine is designed, there is a large, plastic housing over the top and they got in there and made themselves right at home. Now, I had noticed a chipmunk in the garage - they chirp when they're frightened. I found the hole where I THINK it was getting in and out... so I blocked it with a big, heavy brick. We had the garage patched and painted... no more animal hole.

Anyway.... Alvin and his clan had quite the taste for wire insulation. The problem was that they had chewed up about 10 wires and damaged the fuel injector.

So, how much did it cost me to fix up the party damage from chipmunk good times? $350!!

When I went into the cashier to pay the bill, I just about
when I handed over my credit card. There were other problems with the car, too. The back brakes were acting up... don't EVEN ask how much that was!!!

The total bill was a back-breaker. Mom says she will help, but, wow......
So much for taking a vacation this fall.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
woah! Chipminks in your engine! my mom had a mouse build a nest in her engine, but crikey! 'munks are big! Sorry bout your bill, car repairs will drain you in an instant

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chipmunks were LIVING in the engine, even while it was OPERATING? My gosh, they're brave little critters!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

woah! Chipminks in your engine! my mom had a mouse build a nest in her engine, but crikey! 'munks are big! Sorry bout your bill, car repairs will drain you in an instant
I ASSUMED it was 'munks b/c I had found them in the garage... coulda been a mousie-squatter in the engine!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I ASSUMED it was 'munks b/c I had found them in the garage... coulda been a mousie-squatter in the engine!
whatever it was liked to chew apparently and mice and munks fit the bill, but maybe it was Mickey and not Alvin