Vote for July - Noses and Whiskers and Tongues - Oh My!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for all of the wonderful entries for the July Photo Contest - Noses and Whiskers and Tongues - Oh My! Congratulations to our finalists, as determined by our site team. To make it fair, we did institute a rule that we could not vote for our own pictures. We were each allowed to vote for 10 photos, and these constitute the ones that 1/2 of us voted for. (I want to make this as transparent as possible so everyone knows this is a fair process.)

This poll will be open for 1 week. Each member can vote for one of our finalists, and you can vote for your own photo if you want to. You did not have to enter a photo to be able to vote. The top photos will be featured in a 2009 Calendar that will be offered for sale through Cafe Press at the TCS Store.
An example of what the calendar may look like is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9.../Example-1.jpg

The top 3 will receive points (1st: 5000 points, 2nd: 2500 points, 3rd: 1000 points) and a custom signature showing the whole site that they have Mr./Ms. July on TCS! And, of course, bragging rights.
The winner will also have a 2009 TCS Calendar that will go on sale later this year sent to them!

The photos will appear in the next post, in alphabetical order.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cello

Chay

Cody

Cypress White Paws

Dennis and Dante

Farley

Harley

Kitters

Kitty

Laura

Lily

Luna

Max

Pumpkin

Tonks

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of these kitties are soo beautiful!! I had a hard time just choosing one picture to vote for!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok am i missing something ive entered several times and never had the pic put in... now i would say personally all my pics seem clear, and good....
is it something that english people arent allowed?

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

ok am i missing something ive entered several times and never had the pic put in... now i would say personally all my pics seem clear, and good....
I've entered a couple times myself and I have yet to make it to the finals, even when I was excited that I had a picture that I thought was really good. My picture of Milo I took for this contest turned out to be a big hit among my family and friends, so I guess it wasn't all in vain.

We just have to keep trying I guess. Eventually we'll make it. lol

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rianna

I've entered a couple times myself and I have yet to make it to the finals, even when I was excited that I had a picture that I thought was really good. My picture of Milo I took for this contest turned out to be a big hit among my family and friends, so I guess it wasn't all in vain.

We just have to keep trying I guess. Eventually we'll make it. lol
i remember yours was fab!
but i dont understand what in mine was the issue i like constructive critism on my pics...
ahh well i tried

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's not that there was anything wrong with the pictures that didn't make it, it is just that these pictures received more votes than the others.
With well over 60 pictures submitted and only 15 being "finalists", there were quite a few pictures that did not make it to the final vote. With the caliber and amount of pictures being submitted, it gets harder and harder every month to vote for the best.

Good luck next month!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixietina

Well, first of all, there are some English kitties among the finalists, so that's not the issue.
There are a lot of factors to look at, and not just clarity. Does it fit the category? Is the picture of good quality? Is the picture big enough so it reprints well on the calendar? I personally take all of these into consideration when I'm making my decisions. I didn't go back to look at which one was yours, but my suggestion is to be objective about your picture, and compare it against some of the ones chosen? It's just a suggestion. When we vote on the pictures, we don't have the members names next to them, so believe me, it's not anti-England, or anti-you...it's ultimately a photography contest.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it gets harder and harder to chose!

good luck everyone, your kitties are all winners!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got to say, this was probably the toughest month yet to narrow down to the finalists. There were SO many fantastic pictures, and believe me there were a lot who got votes from the team but didn't make the final. We keep the voting open a week and can select 10-15 of what each of us believe to be the best ones, and then take the ones with 50% or more of the vote for the final.

And then we have to come in here and make another selection for just the best one!

I just have to say that we not only have the most gorgeous feline models on this site, we also have some of the best photographers!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got to say that I'm glad I was alone when I looked at this list. I literally gasped with each photo, and especially Tonks (and Chay and Kitters and Pumpkin). Wow, what photos! Cello of course is amazing!

Maybe I'd really better get going on my 366 cats calendar, LOL! There are SO many extremely beautiful kitties here!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I've got to say, this was probably the toughest month yet to narrow down to the finalists. There were SO many fantastic pictures, and believe me there were a lot who got votes from the team but didn't make the final. We keep the voting open a week and can select 10-15 of what each of us believe to be the best ones, and then take the ones with 50% or more of the vote for the final.

And then we have to come in here and make another selection for just the best one!

I just have to say that we not only have the most gorgeous feline models on this site, we also have some of the best photographers!
I don't know how you guys do it! They're all so preciuos, I can't stand it!

I wish everyone could win!
I may just have to decide by "eny meeny miney mo".
Just kidding.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Mitzi didn't make it in

Ah well, congrats to those who did!

I always feel sorry for the ones who have the least votes, when I just voted for Cypress I noticed Kitters hasn't had a single vote yet

awww, good luck peeps!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was hard. I wanted to vote for all of them. What's not to love about a kitty face?

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has the theme for August been decided yet? It's hard to believe the month is nearly over. Summer just flew by.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for Pumpkin
I think Cypress was a close 2nd for me. They are all beautiful pics.

Chloe didn't make it either

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just way too tough a decision - such stunning photos!
Sillyvestra didn't make it in either, but I'm not too surprised given the number of fabulous photos to choose from. I'm just in awe of the talent and kitty beauty here.