romantic men

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anyone else got cheeky little romanit men?
me and rix have been together 2 years on the 19th of august and he has been plotting for a while on getting a tarantula.. i have finally agreed
as a anniversery pressy he can have it...
well ive just been informed that he has ordered me a puppy 2 days ago

im over the moon people anyone else got a romantic fella

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not currently, but my last serious b/f was rather romantic. He would write me poetry and he knew how much I loved fairy tales and would tell me one most nights before I went to bed. He is Danish so he would tell me Norse fairy tales which I just loved!

What I love more than romance though, is honesty and emotional openness. To me there is nothing more desirable in a man than when he can express his feelings and isn't afraid to cry when happy or sad.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband picks me flowers for no reason, puts music on and dances with me in the living room, and writes me love notes that he leaves at the coffee pot for me to find in the morning. Yup - I would love him anyways, but it really touches my heart when he does these things.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH is pretty romantic. He's the first one to ever give me flowers. My ex never did. I cried when I got them

Tina, at the rate you are going, you'll have a ZOO at your house!
How do you find time to care for all those different animals. I had as much as you do - but never all at the same time

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think there is friendship, romance and the "other." DH has always valued my opinion as a friend and another intelligent person. Romance? He is an engineer/computer guy who is now in upper management but I still pick out his clothes.
I have to say to him, hint, I want flowers for such and such.

Now, the "other"...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pff, my DH doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. He did when we first met but they must have broken.

ETA: Oops, awhile back we were heading home from fishing and he picked me a wild flower. I thought it was sweet. So I guess once every few years he can be romantic.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is getting better. He went through a phase for a little while but seems to be getting over it. I got flowers and a sappy, romantic card yesterday for no reason.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toby is romantic, geek style

He buys me computer parts and funny/geeky t-shirts

I'm a geek girl though, so he's just perfect

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend and I have been together for three years and we live 4 hours appart. He's at Uni and I work full time (although he's a year older than me, I didn't go onto uni). Well every so often I will find a present in the mail Whether it's a box of chocolates because I felt sad earlier in the week or a teddy bear because I miss him. He sent my collectible Barbie back to me in the post because I'd bought her while visiting him and left her. Well He also included finding Nemo and Mary Poppins. Mary Poppins being a DVD that has delighted me my entire life and reminds me of my dearly departed gramma (He actually says my face lights up like a five year olds when I watch that film). To mark 1 year of dating he bought me 12 glass and gold roses which were insanely expensive and beautiful (I only have six left though because of an earthquake). For my 21st he bought me diamonds and took me out to dinner... All of this on what a student has. I defy anyone to find a better catch!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't had the chance to be romantic yet, I'm too much of a "nice guy" who is "like a brother" to them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Whisky'sDad

I haven't had the chance to be romantic yet, I'm too much of a "nice guy" who is "like a brother" to them!
everybody has somebody out there made for them,
youll find someone

and theyll be your princess and youll be there prince

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww you alll have such sweet partners...
rix does notes occasionally, but mainly its just the sweet things like a hug as we pass by in the house or a peck on the cheek <3

doesnt it make you fall in love all over again

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Tina, at the rate you are going, you'll have a ZOO at your house!
How do you find time to care for all those different animals. I had as much as you do - but never all at the same time
Is it your own place or rented?

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Is it your own place or rented?
our own placeinheritted from rix's grandma when she passed.. were thinking of getting a biiiiiig pen put in the garden so the cats get too go out

i do have will power i was offered somebodys 2 kittens due too not getting on with there cat and isaid enoughs enough,
i dont work so have time for all our anmals thank lord, all though with teaser Misty beau and willow only come too me for hugs at night love hugs all together ill have too get a pic of me when we have family hug

you see me face and fur lol
although it is non stop fur cleaning, the animals are worth it....
im so proud of myself for saying enough is enough.

i know the owner of the cats wont abandon them
were sticking with what we have now tho as 11 cats is more than enough and its not fair on the kittens who are far more human loving than the others.. so the pup and tarrantula are last in...
plus if anythign was too go wrong the last thing i want is something too go wrong with ALL the cats (allthough that is very unlikely) and not be able too afford it,

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Pff, my DH doesn't have a romantic bone in his body. He did when we first met but they must have broken.

ETA: Oops, awhile back we were heading home from fishing and he picked me a wild flower. I thought it was sweet. So I guess once every few years he can be romantic.
Me too! Even down to the wildflower part!
Except, we weren't coming home from fishing, he picked me up at work, and picked me one of the flowers on the way to the car!

Though he's no longer romantic- as in flowers or lovey notes, he is pretty mushy. Actually to the point where I'll get annoyed!
Us women, just can't make us happy.
He likes to say "I love you" a million times a day, and I always say "I love you too, honey", until I get sick of it, then I say "Yes, honey, I know..." And the likes, though I won't bore you with the details.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, my partner can be romantic when he want's to be! yeh, i'll admit i loveee it when he's like it. & also the fact that he's not like it all the time, make's it even nicer when he is like it!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf is one of the most un-romantic men I have ever known. I have encouraged him to get me flowers, etc... I might as well have been speaking Swahili. But he has other good qualities....