Long trip!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight Rob and I are leaving for New Jersey
My grandma's birthday is tomorrow, so we're going to stop by for a little less than 2 days. It's nearly a 12 hour trip, and we're leaving after work, oh boy.

From there, we are going to Maine on Thursday night/Friday morning. His cousin is getting married Saturday so we are making the trek to Maine for her wedding. Her and her fiance flew down to spend 2 days in SC for our wedding reception, so we told her we'd come up.

Then Sunday, we're leaving around 6am to drive straight back (~18/19 hours). That'll put us back here at 11pm-12am Sun/Mon. And then attempt to go to work on Monday!
Rob doesn't get paid if he isn't at work, so he's already missing out on pay for W, Th, F. I get paid time off, but I don't want to use it all up on the trip - there are still holiday times I want to take off.

Once we leave NJ it wont be much of a "vacation" to me, since the in-laws will be in Maine when we get there. I live with them, so being up there with them doesn't really count as a "vacation"

It's gonna cost ~$250 in gas round trip for our car, at an estimated $4/gal (though here it is $3.50/gal now). It's gonna cost his parents over $400 because they're taking a Jeep Wrangler. I feel bad for the BIL and his gf, who have to sit in the back! Even she's not looking forward to that!

I get to pick up a few more shotglasses for my collection
We'll be going through SC, NC, VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH and ME on this trip ... I need shotglasses from CT & up! I've been there and MA before, but it was when I was in 8th grade and didn't have my collection yet.

Something tells me we're going to be seriously drained after this trip. More driving than anything! Luckily I LOVE roadtrips and to drive in new places. I-95 here we come
I will have to take my pictures on the way home though, since it'll be dark when we're travelling up there. Poor Katina is going to be lonely without us! (Yeah right, she'll have a cat party at the house
) Then when we get back, we're adopting a friend for her
I'm ready to visit my grandma, and then the trip be over so I can 'meet' our next addition!

This isn't gonna help me get past missing living up north! I wanna go back so much at times!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for a safe trip! Have fun in NH and ME. They are both gorgeous states, depending on where you are going

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

for a safe trip! Have fun in NH and ME. They are both gorgeous states, depending on where you are going
We are going to Standish, ME. I really wish it was in October though, I know the trees are gorgeous in the fall!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What fun!
Hubby and I drove to NB last week and back this week. It took us just under 20 hours each way (1650 km) and we drove straight through. It took just 2 tanks of fuel each way so around $100 each way for fuel which isn't too bad.

I've gone through Maine and NH on my way to the Canadian east coast a few times. It's a lovely drive. Enjoy.