What is that paper called?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Yup. A godsend!
You better believe it!
There are currently 72 chocolate chip cookies on my kitchen counter cooling and I would not have made them if I didn't have parchment paper.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

You better believe it!
There are currently 72 chocolate chip cookies on my kitchen counter cooling and I would not have made them if I didn't have parchment paper.
I hear you. When I take my scones out of the oven, I just slip the parchment and scones off to cool and stick the pan back in the drawer without even wating for it to cool. A big help, when you're in the midst of other stuff and using all the space that it could cool in. Also great for wrapping leftover scones to warm in the microwave -- no toughening, no drying out.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So elighten me, how is parchment paper different from wax? I've never used it before.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

So elighten me, how is parchment paper different from wax? I've never used it before.
doesn't have wax. i'm not sure what it's 'treated' with, tho - maybe some sort of silicone?

i use parchment paper to make pepperoni chips & cheese chips in my microwave

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say is I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread! Cookies, candies, meatballs, pigs in blankets....NOTHING sticks to it! (we currently have about half of two 1000 sheet boxes (2 sizes) here at the bakery.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There are currently 72 chocolate chip cookies on my kitchen counter cooling...
*Jumps into van and heads to Karen's house!*

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is THAT what it's used for?? I wish I had known before I threw away 4 full rolls when I was cleaning out mom's house. I thought it was for something special because I never saw her use it.
No...guess who got to clean the cookie sheets all the time. You would think she would have let me in on that little secret. Is it expensive? Because if not, I may have to invest in some.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never used parchment paper...it sounds like something I should have been using all along!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You better believe it!
Thats a lot of cookies there, Karen. Sounds like enough for all of us or at least a few of us