*****KatKwiz! - August 12*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many pictures are there in Cat Central? __________

C'mon, I can't make them all hard!
If there is a picture of one cat, that is one picture. If there is a picture of nine cats, that is one picture. If there is a picture of a cat's silhouette, that is still one picture.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

y'know, if there's that many, i'm not going to count!
actually I just did the math... 20 pictures per page. 53 full pages and 14 pictures on the last page.

when I first seen how many pages there were I was like - I dont think so

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

actually I just did the math... 20 pictures per page. 53 full pages and 14 pictures on the last page.

when I first seen how many pages there were I was like - I dont think so
using your method, i get 1077, tho...

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
What? You think we can't count? Or you think we don't know where cat central is? I got 1074, and that was before I checked anybody else's answer.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
dangit, how I missed 3 pages, I dunno ..now that i re-did it, I was way off lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

y'know, if there's that many, i'm not going to count!
After yesterday, you did not think I would give another quiz involving counting did you? Surely not. And today's KatKwiz does not require one iota of counting nor any math whatsoever.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I counted 1074
At the time of your answer, you were exactly correct but there was no need to count. I did this on purpose today. Do you possibly remember a KatKwiz from last month where I mentioned there were certain hot spots around TCS that only needed a "mouse over" to garner valuable information? This is one of them. So, to answer today's question, go to Your Cats above and then to Cat Central and then simply do a "mouse over" of where it says Last and you will be given the up-to-date count with no counting on your part!

Anyway, you are correct with your answer no matter how you got it.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

using your method, i get 1077, tho...
And if you go do a mouse over right now, you may get something else, depending on who may have added or deleted a cat since then...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

What? You think we can't count? Or you think we don't know where cat central is? I got 1074, and that was before I checked anybody else's answer.
You did not need to be able to count today but you did need to know where Cat Central was and I would venture to say there are many with more posts than you have that don't know where it is. I am amazed there are such few pictures of cats in Cat Central and you can be assured there will be questions on why this might be in KatKwery when it gets posted! BTW, if you can use an extra 122,808 points, it is not too late to start on KatKwery as marianjela has proven by winning eight straight times...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

And if you go do a mouse over right now, you may get something else, depending on who may have added or deleted a cat since then...
no, the 'mouse over' method shows 1074... but there are 17 'pictures' on the final page [including the 'cat silhouette one']. i don't know if the 'mouse over' method includes those?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

no, the 'mouse over' method shows 1074... but there are 17 'pictures' on the final page [including the 'cat silhouette one']. i don't know if the 'mouse over' method includes those?
When I did a mouse over this morning there were 1072. And everything was cool because that was page 54, showing results 1061 through 1072, which means all the math worked because there were only 12 pictures on page 54. And since you insist on getting back to math, 53 X 20 = 1060 and right now there are 14 picture on the final page which is also very cool because everything works out for me and would suggest 2 people added pictures of their cats today because Persi & Alley shamed them into it. Or perhaps it means something else but at the time marianjela answered I "counted" the same number she did. Or maybe three people added a cat and one person deleted a cat. Or possibly four people added a cat and then two people deleted. But from the time you looked, it appears that five people added a cat or perhaps it means that six people added and one person deleted or perhaps it means I will stay away from numbers in the future.
Things could get worse. Last week I sent points meant for *Pepper* to Pepper, a username not used in five years. You really have to watch me close when it comes to numbers but I never lie about my age, which if I told you right now you would say, oh that explains his problem with numbers.
Just watch out in October when I will be giving out 122,808 or more points and it all depends on me (and Persi) being able to count correctly!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

You did not need to be able to count today but you did need to know where Cat Central was and I would venture to say there are many with more posts than you have that don't know where it is. I am amazed there are such few pictures of cats in Cat Central and you can be assured there will be questions on why this might be in KatKwery when it gets posted! BTW, if you can use an extra 122,808 points, it is not too late to start on KatKwery as marianjela has proven by winning eight straight times...
Oh yea! thanks for the win!!! I almost didnt check because I seen someone had already answered, but I figured what the heck.

I definitely appreciate the mouse over hint! But probably would've appreciated it more BEFORE the kwiz

Hahahaha thanks again