seizures back for Boni

phelana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Boni's seizures seemed in control with 12.5 mg phenobarb. twice a day. Then she started drooling and gazing into space. Now she has a full fledged running like a maniac seizure every couple of days. The drooling happens 2-3 times a day. I called the vet but he never called back. I emailed him too. I may try to bring her to the US but it's a long 12 hour travel day. Any suggestions?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? Where are you thinking of taking her? We may have members who can suggest a good vet if you don't have one in mind already.

I have never had that issue but I just want to wish you luck in getting her help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phelana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in the Caribbean and will take her to my friend's vet in the US. The vet here said seizures are hard to treat in cats. We have no diagnostics for cats here.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by phelana

I live in the Caribbean and will take her to my friend's vet in the US. The vet here said seizures are hard to treat in cats. We have no diagnostics for cats here.
Then I would make the trip to the States. If a vet is already saying there is not much they can do they probably won't. There are other drugs they can use to help with this issue.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....&articleid=224

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phelana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a tough one. The trip back to the US would be long, about 15 hours door to door. I am concerned about it but understand the recommendation. She has one seizure a day where she drools and then spins in circles. It always happends mid day during her nap. Odd...

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The October Cat Fancy has an article about seizures in cats. It's sort of an overview about possible causes and treatments, and what owners should be aware of. If you like I could fax or email it to you if you send me a PM before 4:30 pm Central business days.

I'm so sorry you're having problems finding help there.