Vibes Please

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so I have been in the process of trying to get into the veterinary field, not a veterinarian or anything like that but I'm considering doing the online thing and maybe going for vet tech. But anyway for the past few months I've been applying for just about any positions available in vet offices and haven't had any luck. I went on an interview on Thursday and spoke to the lady I interviewed with today. She told me that the vet wants to hire someone with more experience but I must have made a really good impression on her because she convinced him to meet with me. This will possibly be on Thursday but I have to call her tomorrow to find out exactly when this will be. But I could use some good vibes, the job is only for a kennel attendant but I really think I would enjoy it. Thanks in advance.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many ! Sounds like a great plan. Do you have any experience caring for animals other than your own? If not, that could be part of the problem. Hopefully you get this job, but if not, you may want to volunteer at a local shelter. That will give you something to put on your resume and they will know you do have experience with a variety of animals and temperments. And, I'm sure the shelter would appreciate it.

But many that you get the job at the vets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Many ! Sounds like a great plan. Do you have any experience caring for animals other than your own? If not, that could be part of the problem. Hopefully you get this job, but if not, you may want to volunteer at a local shelter. That will give you something to put on your resume and they will know you do have experience with a variety of animals and temperaments. And, I'm sure the shelter would appreciate it.

But many that you get the job at the vets.
I just started volunteering at a shelter a few weeks ago, not really long enough to put on a resume although I did mention it. I think the main reason he want someone with experience is because of what the job is. It's pretty much a lot of cleaning and stuff like walking dogs, it's not medical at all. I guess a lot of people apply for jobs there thinking they will be doing medical stuff and then quit when they realize that they won't. I personally would like to get into the medical part of it but not for a while, I don't think I would feel comfortable and could possibly do more harm than good. But thanks for the vibes everyone, hopefully it will work out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to let everyone know that the interview went really well today and I got the job. I start on the 25th. I wanted to thank everyone for their vibes and well wishes.