Which Horror Flicks Scared you The Most..?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were actually having a discussion about this at work a few days ago and I was surprised by some of the answers.

I have two horror flicks that I would never watch again.

Cujo was way to realistic in it's content, the idea of a 200lb St. Bernard going rabid scared to you know what out of me..

The other was American Psycho mainly because the main character looked exactly like my brother's best friend from school and that totally freaked me out..

What are yours?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't do well with horror movies at all
I become a nervous wreck.

But the one that affected me the most was the original Amityville Horror!

We lived in a 2 story house with a basement. Under the stairs was a partially finished bathroom. It had a toilet and sink, but the walls and door were makeshift from plywood and weren't painted.

The door in the basement in the movie was in the same place as the bathroom door in our basement.

My bedroom was in the basement.

After that movie I was terrified to go down to the basement and slept on the couch in the living room for weeks...with the lights on! I wouldn't even go down there to get my clothing! I was that scared.

To this day I am afraid of basements. If the stairs are "closed" with a back panel connecting each stair, it's not as bad. But if the stairs have a space that you can see through to behind the stairs, I shake with fear. And if there is a "room" under the stairs, forget it! Nothing short of pushing me down the stairs will get me down there.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't scare easy but I'll admit Sixth Sense scared the daylights out of me. I watched at home, alone and late at night and when I went to bed, I was scared to go to the bathroom!! I layed there on the bed, stiff as a board, and afraid to move...and the bathroom was only 10 feet away....and I kept imagining it was getting colder and I could see my breath. That was a long night!!

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Arachnaphobia! Which is really rather amusing. I watched it when I was five and was the only person in the family who wasn't at all scared by it, but giggled hysterically...until I developed arachnaphobia. My sister and her friend and myself were sat on my bed watching it in highschool and they had to pin me down I freaked out so bad. Eventually when I started hyperventilating they had to go turn on the lights and take me down to my dad :p

Western horror movies are really badly done. They just don't scare me. They're mainly shock and I don't shock. Or lots of gore...which makes me hungry. Japanese horror movies on the other hand...They scare me.But only for a little while. And that's because the scare isn't actually anything you can pin point. There is no actual scary monster. It's all in your head. And that manages to scare me to some degree, but mainly horror movies just give me a nice adrenaline kick.

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe LOL, this will make me sound weird! horror movie's i'll have to say, don't scare me in the slightest! they are infact my type of film's hehe, i'll admit that a couple have made me cringe (even though, i know they are fake)!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

hehe LOL, this will make me sound weird! horror movie's i'll have to say, don't scare me in the slightest! they are infact my type of film's hehe, i'll admit that a couple have made me cringe (even though, i know they are fake)!
I have to agree. I might not like the blood and guts, but the movies don't scare me. I annoyed a lot of people when the Exorcist first came out when I giggled throughout the movie.

The only movie that I've ever had nightmares about after watching it was "Cat People" (go figure). I got home from the show and that night my cat jumped up on the foot of the bed, woke me up and scared the dickens out of me.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None, honestly. I grew up watching movies like Alien and Nightmare On Elm Street and never did have bad dreams or get frightened.

The Haunted (1991), a tv movie, creeped me out though. I saw that a year after we moved into the one house and some of what the Smurl family went through was similar to what was happening there. The Entity (1981) was creepy too. Both are based on true stories.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i watch loads of horrors to try and find one that scares me - a couple have made me jump - Urban Legend did the first time, and the Japanese version of The Ring did (hate the American version). The Exorcist didn't bother me. There are a few I want to watch, I have Candyman 1,2 and 3 (they were out when i was at high school), to watch, can't wait for those.

serene_moment

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gonna have to say the scariest movie I've seen is "Signs". I wasn't big on horror flicks until very recently though, so there are still very many that I haven't seen yet.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm lets see, The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, for me, was a bone chilling scary. Then the movie The Messengers freaked me out. You know how lately, when they show ghosts in movies, they move and walk all jerky like. I hate that, it freaks me out so bad.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freaks. It's just creepy.

The Audition. It's really disturbing.

The Exorcist. Little kids should be kept MILES away from this movie. It's freaky nightmare fuel. I watch it every year around Halloween, and I still get nervous. It hasn't lost it's touch.

proudmomof3cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All of the Child's Play movies scared me. The little doll coming to life was just freaky to me. Most horror movies don't scare me, but that one did for a while!

Manda

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmomof3cats

All of the Child's Play movies scared me. The little doll coming to life was just freaky to me. Most horror movies don't scare me, but that one did for a while!

Manda
LMAO omg me too! I remember my parents bought me a “Teddy Rupskin†is that what they were called? The talking bears? After I watched that movie I was so scared of the poor little bear every night I would put it in my parents room. I remember my dad making fun of me saying “Oh sure, but putting a killer bear in your parents room is ok†LOL.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm another one who's scared senseless by horror movies, I don't watch them if I can help it
The Ring absolutely scared the pants off me though, I was so scared I wanted to leave the theater, but I was too scared TO leave

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The Audition. It's really disturbing.
Unless you meant a quirky independent short - Did you mean Ôdishon? If so, that one was somewhat tame compared to some of Miike's other movies.