Celebrex, Anyone Use It?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just looking to get some feedback on the drug Celebrex...

Anyone out there use it and if so how well does it work?

I had been taking Valtrone however the doctor took me off of it because it was giving stomach issue's.
He said the Celebrex would be easier on my stomach but I am not to impressed with the other possible side-effects.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Celebrex seven years ago and it did nothing for me. they put me on Vioxx, which was awesome for me - it lasted 25 hours. I wish they still had it.
The ortho put me on Mobic and then upped the dose - did nothing for me. So, he has me taking 3 Advil every 8 hours. I have been doing this since February. In May, I had some stomach irritation and had to stop it for a week.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I tried Celebrex seven years ago and it did nothing for me. they put me on Vioxx, which was awesome for me - it lasted 25 hours. I wish they still had it.
The ortho put me on Mobic and then upped the dose - did nothing for me. So, he has me taking 3 Advil every 8 hours. I have been doing this since February. In May, I had some stomach irritation and had to stop it for a week.
I keep picking this stuff up for DW even though she says it is not doing anything for her, one way or the other...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have taken it. It works very well. I had no side effects from it.

Vioxx on the other hand didn't do a thing for me, so they put me back on Celebrex. I'm not currently taking it, but have been considering asking my doctor for it again given my latest round of back trouble.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been taking Celebrex for about a year and it really helps me.
I have arthritis in my left shoulder and knee and that along with a cortisone shot about every 6 months for my shoulder keeps me moving.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If my arthritis was painful enough Id probably take ANYTHING to help, regardless of the warnings......but one of the side effects from this drug CAN be sudden hemoraging in the stomach WITH NO PRIOR WARNING.....so if there is something different that will still help I`d talk to my Dr about that.
Linda

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

If my arthritis was painful enough Id probably take ANYTHING to help, regardless of the warnings......but one of the side effects from this drug CAN be sudden hemoraging in the stomach WITH NO PRIOR WARNING.....so if there is something different that will still help I`d talk to my Dr about that.
Linda
No more of a risk than using Aspirin.

Celebrex is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drug just like Aspirin. And all NSAIDS have the same risk factors of bleeding ulcers.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried it....LOVED it......'cept for one small side effect........it seems that I'm terribly, terribly allergic to something in it.......bad enough that my dr took me off of it and put it on my chart in LARGE letters that I can't have it lol!