*****KatKwiz! - August 11*****

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There have been 48 polls started on TCS in the last three years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

There have been _____ polls started on TCS in the last three years. (47)
Does anybody have another number? Somebody is counting wrong here.

Persi & I got 49.
Advanced search
Keyword(s) poll:
Search titles only
Sort results by Thread Start Date
Search Now (nothing else needs filled in)
Count the little graph bars until you have counted the one right before August 10, 2005.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I counted 2 more times and still got 48. I counted polls from August 11th 2005 until today. Maybe I'm missing one

I counted (on the search results)
16 polls on page 1
23 polls on page 2
9 polls on page 3

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Does anybody have another number? Somebody is counting wrong here.

Persi & I got 49.
Advanced search
Keyword(s) poll:
Search titles only
Sort results by Thread Start Date
Search Now (nothing else needs filled in)
Count the little graph bars until you have counted the one right before August 10, 2005.
using your method, i got 48... if i include the August 10th poll, i get 49.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by *Pepper*

There have been 48 polls started on TCS in the last three years.
48 is the correct answer and Persi wants to send you an extra thousand points for having to wait a day until he sobered up enough to be able to count. The trick here was to not include the TCS War poll because it was started before three years ago. That is why I pm'd you to see if you had actually went in to look at the day the thread was started because I used sort by thread start date and you would get something different if you used other sort criteria.

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

We seem to have uncovered a bug here. I went back and looked at the individual start dates of each poll, which I why I asked you by pm if that had been what you did. But looking closer at the TCS War Poll, you can see that did not fall within the three years that the poll was started. Yet, using the Sort Results by Thread Start Date is not working according to start date at all, but rather by when the last post was made to that thread, that may have started much earlier. So although I did not hear from you, you still got the actual correct answer and I will advise you all on how that part of advanced search is REALLY working. There are only 48 poll threads that have been started in the last three years but the threads are being sorted as to when they were last responded to, rather than when they were started. I never doubted the search engine was doing what it was supposed to. Persi says to give you a thousand extra points so I will.
Now all I have to do is to remember to get the asterisks in front and behind your name so they go to the right person this time!
Woohoo thanks!

Sorry I didn't answer your PM, Hubby was here checking out some posts and he didn't tell me I got a PM! SORRY!