Great News - Malc's Back!

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Malc seems to have returned 100% from the dark side and returned to his sweet self. And boy, was I glad to see him! Of course, he had to withstand about 100 smooches on his face but he did.

I'm going to get some stuff from the vet to have on hand in case he ever flips out again like that. And try to intro him to guests more slowly, although he never had problems with guests before the last two.

Many many thanks to all for encouragement and advice.

It's very nice to have him "home."

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you and Malc, continued Prayers and that he continues to be a good boy.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aaaaawwwwww!!! That is *f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c* news!!! So very very happy to hear that!

Thank you so muchfor letting us know, I think we were all worried about the both of you!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fantastic news. I had hope, when you said he did the tummy roll thing.

Now...any idea what caused him to turn the corner? The Feliway? The different room? Sunshine? Hunger?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i read your thread about the tough time you and malc were having and it is brilliant news that he has returned to normal!

i would go with mrblanche though, in trying to find out what helped him relax again. vital to know if this situation should arise again (fingers crossed it doesn't!)

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
AWESOME!!
So very glad to hear he is feeling himself again. You must feel better, too.

Ditto on back tracking to try and figure out what happened. Couldn't hurt to leave the Feliway plugged in for awhile.

This is a link to a book that is filled with "cut to the chase" advice regarding cat behavior. The author has a sense of humor making this very entertaining and super informative. You might enjoy a relaxing read after all you have been through.

http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Wrangling-.../dp/1599212242

book: CAT WRANGLING MADE EASY by Dusty Rainbolt. Rescuer and foster
cat mom from 1986 (I think). Maybe Malc will sit and read it with you

so he can remember how to be a good boy next time.

Glad things are better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Fantastic news. I had hope, when you said he did the tummy roll thing.

Now...any idea what caused him to turn the corner? The Feliway? The different room? Sunshine? Hunger?
Good question! We can rule out hunger, since he had food in his room. My guess would be time, more than anything, so that all that adreline could get out of his system, maybe? I'm sure the other stuff helped. I guess time + isolation, so that he stopped being restimulated by the trigger, which in this case was me. (!)

I feel guilty but I'm still a little wary of him. That will go away in time, I think.

The big problem now is how to get get him and my other cat fed when I'm out of town. I used to have a cat sitter come every other day, and every day in summer. How long can you leave adult cats if you leave them with a good supply of food and water?