Wilbur Part Deux, Sleeping in my arms

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is no exageration. Wilbur climbs in my amrs, tries to suck his paws. but they're too small now and he can't get suction. So he gets frustrated and lays back and falls asleep.

He does this a couple times a day. I finally got a picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah it was so cute when he could do it. Here's a short video of it.

Click the 'watch in high quality' and you can hear him sucking. lol

And here's one when he was really little doing it

Originally Posted by tab

how sweet! but i bet he makes your arms ache after a while!
Not as bad as you'd think. But I get bored quickly. It's awkward too. So I just lift him up and set him on the blanket on the desk. most times he stays exactly where I lay him and just goes back to sleep

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh good grief, that's just so precious beyond words!!
I've never seen anything like that before and it's so sweet!.

Did he used to fall straight asleep as well when he did that?. I must watch it again when i get home from work because we don't have the sound on our computers, and i have to listen to him sucking, awwwww

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. It started when he was tiny. Only a couple weeks old. I was bottle feeding them both. When he'd finish the bottle he'd sit on my hand while I burped him. Then he just started sucking his paws. It only lasted 5 minutes or so then he'd fall asleep. usually his head would fall back and his mouth would stay open with his tongue hanging out lol.

I sure miss those times

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's another funny thing they both do. Oh i'm remembering the good ole days. A whopping 5 months ago.

When they eat, I call them and tell them it's time. So they rush to the kitchen while I get the bag, or can out depending on what it is....

Then I fill them and they try tripping me all the way into where they eat. When They were little I'd put the bowl down, then pick them up and set them next to the food. I did this so each one would eat out of their own bowl. So they didn't 'compete'.

Now, to this day, they're the cutest ever. When i fill their food and put it on the ground, they will come up to about 3 feet from the bowl and sit down. Why? They are waiting for me to put them by their food. They will NOT walk up to it on their own.

Isn't that cute?

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those videos are the sweetest ever!
the sound of him sucking is just so adorable!

it's amazing what habits we can 'give' them isn't it. when milo was tiny i used to hold him up if a moth came in and say 'where's the fly!'. now at 18 months old, if i say that he will look straight at the ceiling and meow! so sweet!