My New Favourite Tea!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the Green and White tea mixed (same teabag). That's not bad. But will look for the white with raspberry - sounds good

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's cool, I love tea.
..always been a green tea person myself, but I'll definitely have to give the white a try. Thanks for sharing the info

Peace
Rob & Sport

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's pretty cheap! If you buy loose leaf white tea for maybe 2 oz it can cost anywhere from $15 - $20. White tea is the best tea you can drink for antioxidants, etc. Enjoy!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I love white tea, my latest one is with Blueberry and Pomegranate
That's my favorite, too. I put the packets in the water I take to the health club.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds quite yummy Linda!
What all do you put in your tea?

One of these days i need to post a picture of my tea cabinet! I've got an entire cabinet in the kitchen devoted to tea
I drink it all the time- LOVE the stuff

My two favorites at the moment are Twingings Indian Spiced Chai Tea -it's soooo good!!! I love that one with my lactose free milk and some sugar added!
(I got mine at World Market but i'm sure they sell it in other stores as well.)

My other favorite at the moment is Target's store brand "Archer Farms" - they have an amazing Oraganic Blueberry White Loos Tea -it's great!! If you like the fruity flavored ones- you'll love this one!!!
I drink mine with honey and lemon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That sounds quite yummy Linda!
What all do you put in your tea?
I usually drink Tetley tea and just put milk in it. I find it too bitter to drink black.

Depending on the herbal tea I will either have it clear or put about 1/2 teaspoon of Splenda in it. If I put Splenda in it, I usually chill the tea and have it cold.

For this white tea I had it plain.

I don't like Green Tea. It was awful!!! But this white tea is made from the same leaves as Green Tea, only picked much earlier.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I usually drink Tetley tea and just put milk in it. I find it too bitter to drink black.

Depending on the herbal tea I will either have it clear or put about 1/2 teaspoon of Splenda in it. If I put Splenda in it, I usually chill the tea and have it cold.

For this white tea I had it plain.

I don't like Green Tea. It was awful!!! But this white tea is made from the same leaves as Green Tea, only picked much earlier.
Did you try Green Tea at home or on a resurant? Some places don't know how to fix it up yummy! Because dh's 1/2 Asian i've gotten used to drinking it straight everytime we're with his family or we got out to one of our local resturants, but i personally like a little more to mine so it's not so bland.
I always add honey to mine to make it sweet and then i add orange and lemon slices (sometimes lime if i have it!) to it to give it a little kick. If you play around with it and add things you enjoy to it- you can usually make it really deliscious!
You can also find tea syrups to flavor your teas too- they're great!! http://www.alchemycordial.com.au/content/tea.asp

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Did you try Green Tea at home or on a resurant?
I thought it was so gross tasting! It tasted like wood and was so bitter and left my mouth feeling like I had been sucking on cotton because it was so dry. *blech*

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I thought it was so gross tasting! It tasted like wood and was so bitter and left my mouth feeling like I had been sucking on cotton because it was so dry. *blech*
I have a similar reaction when I drink some cheap store-bought green tea. It can sometimes be really bitter. But I buy my green tea from little tea shops and those are much better and not bitter at all! One of my favorite is a roasted green tea... tastes kind of nutty

I haven't tried white tea in a long time. I'll have to try to get some good one.

This thread is making me thirsty. I'll go make myself some tea!

juliejerks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I bouht this one to try. http://www.teavana.com/The-Teas/Oolo...Oolong-Tea.axd and this one http://www.teavana.com/shop.axd/Sear...colada&x=0&y=0. I aso got this Tea Pot. ttp://www.teavana.com/Tea-Products/Teapots-Teapot-Sets/Glass-teapots/Sur-La-Mer-Glass-Teapot.axd I thought it came withthe blooming Tea but it it didint.
Teavana is the BEST! I've loved tea for aaages, and I used to order Mighty Leaf loose teas online, because they were SO much better in quality than the baggy teas in grocery stores. Since I tried Teavana, ML doesn't even really do it for me anymore, haha. It helps that they have so many varieties too (over 200?) and some really original flavors like Haute Chocolate (black tea with a strange chocolate flavor) and the green tea with the cracked rice in it (the tea has an aftertaste of popcorn.) I think you should all try teavana teas.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do plan on trying more. This is the first time I have tried it from there. Its in Sacramento which is a little over a hour from here. What Teas have you tried from there?