The cats think they run the place!!!! Gah!!!

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never allowed the cats on the counter. But lately I'm always finding Morgan on the counter... sleeping. I take her off, say no and put her down. 10 minutes later I go back and shes there again.
I'm getting frustrated with her. We have cat hair everywhere, in our pots and pans, everywhere. Now I can't even cook for guests without fear that I have missed cat hair on the counter.
They also won't stay out of the bottom cudboards. I don't keep anything down there but plastic bags and Morgan used to have a problem with peeing on bags. I remove both of them when I hear the door bang. I looked into getting the baby proof things for the cudboards but they didn't make them for ones that have the knobs on only one side of the door and not side by side.
I don't know what to do!! Any suggestions for this frustrated mom??

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look for something like these.
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/br...ety-locks.html

Having company over? Put the cats in the bedroom and clean up the kitchen. I'm lucky that the cats don't yet get in the cabinets. And though I discourage the cats on the countertops and dining tables, but I just assume they have been there and clean them up before use - not a biggie, IMO. After the meal, let the cats back out if you want.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Put double-sided tape on the edges of the counters; cats hate the feel of such on their paws. Once the cats learn to avoid it, you can take it off.

Another alterntive is to balance some pans on the edge of the counter; when the cat jumps up, he'll knock the pan off, which will make a loud noise--and cats don't like loud noises.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I just assume they have been there and clean them up before use - not a biggie, IMO
I wipe my counter before use too. My cats are allowed on counters as I just think it's useless trying to keep them off, so it's just habit to wipe before use.

You'll end up with cat hair up there whether she's there or not as her fur will be in the air.

Child locks like this or this should work on most cabinets.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I wipe my counter before use too. My cats are allowed on counters as I just think it's useless trying to keep them off, so it's just habit to wipe before use.

You'll end up with cat hair up there whether she's there or not as her fur will be in the air.

Child locks like this or this should work on most cabinets.
I completely agree. The best you can do is try to prevent them from hurting themselves or breaking your valubles. Other than that..your may think that you own the kitty, but it is quite the opposite for all of us

Peace, Lvoe and tie Dye
Rob & Sport