Meet Yuki!

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I'm a newb here, and I just adopted this beautiful boy yesterday. He's such a good boy who follows me around the apartment. He's adjusting well, although he hasn't drank any water since he got here?
He also had a little pee accident last night, but he's still trying to figure out where it is.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi - and he's beautiful! Has he started eating and drinking? And is he getting more comfy with his new home? My girl remembered where the box was right away, but my boy had some 'issues'. Thank goodness for Cat Attract!

He really is beautiful - you must be so excited with your new family member.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's a little more comfortable today. He ate some food earlier, but I still haven't seen him drink. We'll see, hopefully he doesn't keep me up all night either. He was an outdoor/indoor kitty, but I live in a college town right next to the main road and the railroad tracks, so I'm not letting him out. Needless to say he is not happy with me about that and was yowling all night long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.

Well is seems Yuki is all settled in now. He's eating more and drinking a lot of water. He even used his litterbox-thank goodness.

I love this guy, but he is driving me nuts right now. He wants out so bad; he's clawing at the screens and will not stop yowling! Does anyone know if I can do anything? I'll post about this in the behavior section as well.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by shorty

Thanks everyone.

Well is seems Yuki is all settled in now. He's eating more and drinking a lot of water. He even used his litterbox-thank goodness.

I love this guy, but he is driving me nuts right now. He wants out so bad; he's clawing at the screens and will not stop yowling! Does anyone know if I can do anything? I'll post about this in the behavior section as well.
Oh, I'm in love!

My hubby was letting Bijou outside against my wishes until a few weeks ago when Bijou got hurt and required surgery. Now Bijou stays indoors. Yes, he still goes to the door occasionally and cries to go out, but he doesn't do it often anymore. I usually walk over to him and pet him and tell he "No, Bijou, you can't go out anymore". I don't know if he understands but he's being pretty good about it. Last night he went to the walk-in door that was open except for the screen. I just said, No, Bijou and he walked away.

It will take time and patience but just explain gently each time (I know it sounds silly but I do believe they understand us) why they cannot go outside.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good-looking cat!

Yeah he'll eventually get used to being inside and won't try to get out anymore. All mine were strays and none of them have any desire to go out now.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he is beautiful!

Keeping him indoors is safer for him. He'll not like it for a while but eventually he will come around. That could be why he is having litter box issues.

Have you taken him to the vet yet? When you do, I would mention the litter box issue and ask them to check to see if he has a UTI (urinary tract infection). That is a common reason why cats stop using the litter box. There is also a product called Cat Attract that you can mix in with your regular litter.

Cats aren't big water drinkers, which is why wet food is so important for them. You might look for one of those water fountains because cats seem to drink a lot more water from those than they normally would.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

Good-looking cat!

Yeah he'll eventually get used to being inside and won't try to get out anymore. All mine were strays and none of them have any desire to go out now.
i have 5 - 1 was never a stray, 1 was a feral kitten, & the other 3 were strays at some point. only one has ever voluntarily left the house - & she was really glad to get back inside! she hasn't tried again, either!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mentioned in another thread he was a flame point.

I'm not sure if he really is. He kinda looks more like a Cream Point rather then a Red Point - he doesn't have a lot of color, but that could come later. Red/Cream point takes forever to get the colorpoints to show, but a Red Point would have more color on his tail then he appears to have - that's why I'm thinking Cream Point

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he's a gorgeous boy!

regarding his desire to go out, i find that distraction is the best way. milo will meow and scratch at the window sometimes and i get him a toy (infact it's a piece of uncooked pasta for this
) he now knows this and as soon as i call him he'll now run to the kitchen for his pasta! i make a big deal of playing with him and he forgets about the garden then!