Hockey night in Canada

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since they can no longer use their traditional theme, CBC is running a contest for Canadians to create a new theme. My friend is a musician and has submitted an entry. Now I'm not biased at all, but I think it's pretty good
and would like to get the word out, so please click on this link and add more views to his theme!

Bring on the hockey!!

http://http://anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/mediadetail/292721

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nope, you can't beat the original! But that was a ridiculous situation and I applaud the CBC for not giving in.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked your friends! As long as they keep playing saturday night's alright for fighting on saturdays i won't miss the old theme tooooo much.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just hoping one of the weirder ones don't win. There's one there that sounds like "Hockey Night in Kazakhstan" - a rap theme with bleating goats and cats meowing.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why can't they use the original theme anymore?

I haven't been able to see HNIC in several years, since we can't afford the Center Ice package anymore. Used to watch it when I was younger, before cable, and we could pull in some of the Canadian stations where I lived (across the lake from Ontario). Much better than the US coverage.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They can't use the original theme anymore because the family who owned the royalties suddenly started asking for 3 million dollars a year for CBC to still use the theme!!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that was really good and those fackers nothing that trivial is worth 3 mill.....

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

They can't use the original theme anymore because the family who owned the royalties suddenly started asking for 3 million dollars a year for CBC to still use the theme!!
Good grief. Good for CBC not giving it to them.