Onyx, the great dane, is such a goof!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Onyx is the cutiest dog ever! He's so gooffy! Here he is on his couch
He moves all the cushons of the couch so he can fit

For those of you who don't know/remember he's my moms dog.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love great danes. All the ones I have known are just big sweet goof-balls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

I love great danes. All the ones I have known are just big sweet goof-balls.
We have only met a couple Great Danes, but they were young and hyper. Mom found Onxy on the radio, someone was trying to get rid of a 4-year-old Dane for free! Mom of course couldn't pass, and thank goodness he turned out to be a FANTASTIC dog!
Anyone who meets him loves him!

Originally Posted by pixietina

aww hes adorable!
looks like the kind you could have hours of non stop fun with
He is a blast! You just don't want to get him hyped up inside the house
I was down visiting and mom got him hyped up about a toy and he went running through the house and jumped over the COUCH!!! I forget how big he is sometimes!

pixietina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

We have only met a couple Great Danes, but they were young and hyper. Mom found Onxy on the radio, someone was trying to get rid of a 4-year-old Dane for free! Mom of course couldn't pass, and thank goodness he turned out to be a FANTASTIC dog!
Anyone who meets him loves him!

He is a blast! You just don't want to get him hyped up inside the house
I was down visiting and mom got him hyped up about a toy and he went running through the house and jumped over the COUCH!!! I forget how big he is sometimes!
hehe i sooo want too visit!
our little grey and white kitten (turned out too deffo be male so called him mungo) looks a bit like your stuart,

hmm looks like onyx may be the first ever compact pooch lol

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He still has his tail too. Those things are lethal. I know someone who had a dane and he couldn't put anything on his coffee table. One wag of the tail and it would clear it off. And if the dog gets really happy and your leg in in the 'tail zone' you know it when you get hit.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Danes are supposed to have their tails, so not sure why "he still has his tail" was brought up???

At any rate, I am soooooo thrilled that Onyx turned out to be such a wonderful dog for your mom, Enzo...He looks like a sweet boy!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretzel doggy.

What a cutie pie.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has anyone had a vet check the paw pads on that cutie??

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Danes are supposed to have their tails, so not sure why "he still has his tail" was brought up???

At any rate, I am soooooo thrilled that Onyx turned out to be such a wonderful dog for your mom, Enzo...He looks like a sweet boy!
I thought a lot of people bob the tails when they bob the ears.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH my gosh he's absolutely beautiful! I love his colour, his coat is so glossy. Its obvious your mum takes really good care of this BIG sweetie.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only danes I know of with docked tails were because of happy tail, which danes are prone too, any of the rat tailed dogs are prone to it.
The standard only calls for either natural or cropped ears, and hopefully even the cropped ears will eventually go out of fashion.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

The only danes I know of with docked tails were because of happy tail, which danes are prone too, any of the rat tailed dogs are prone to it.
The standard only calls for either natural or cropped ears, and hopefully even the cropped ears will eventually go out of fashion.
What is "happy tail"? Doesn't sound like a medical condition to me!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy tail is where a dog will wag excitedly against something to the point of damaging their tail.
Sometimes bad enough to warrant amputation.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I'm so happy too! He's really a sad story. He's 4 years old and my mom is his 4th home
Poor Onyx FINALLY has his forever home
For the first year of his life he lived outside on a chain with no shelter. Then he went to a rescue, then the woman my mom got him from, and now my mom. He's still terribly frightened of thunderstorms.

Originally Posted by sharky

Has anyone had a vet check the paw pads on that cutie??
I think his pads are ok
He's been to the vet twice now. He wasn't up to date on any of his shots when my mom picked him up a couple months ago. I checked them when I was down to visit yesterday and they just feel a little dry. But he does do a lot of walking on the cement.

Originally Posted by BabyWukong

OH my gosh he's absolutely beautiful! I love his colour, his coat is so glossy. Its obvious your mum takes really good care of this BIG sweetie.
I'm so glad you say that! When mom got him in June he didn't look the greatest. I'm not sure why, but his hair was all dead/brittle and not shiney at all. He also was very thin, you could see his spine!
He looks so much better now. He's put on at least 5 lbs and mom is still trying to get more weight on him so his bones are less visible.

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

He's making sure he fits on isn't he
He sure is! My mom's couch is one of those huge ones that have removeable back cushions. Onyx shoves those right off and he still looks big for the couch!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

I thought a lot of people bob the tails when they bob the ears.
They bob ears?!?!!

Onyx is GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm glad he finally has his forever home - looks like he's loving it!

I love Danes - actually I love all big dogs, they are so fun!!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

They bob ears?!?!!

Onyx is GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm glad he finally has his forever home - looks like he's loving it!

I love Danes - actually I love all big dogs, they are so fun!!!!
They do! I'm so glad whoever had him first didn't crop his ears. He looks so cute and cuddly, but with cropped ears!

Here's what they look like cropped

Onyx is AKC registered so I'm REALLY surprized his first awful owners didn't crop him themselves.