Harry Potter names?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see there's a cat named Albus, and one named Tonks here on this board. Any more Harry Potter names?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm pretty sure we have a Harry and a Hermione around here somehere! I just love theme names!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I see there's a cat named Albus, and one named Tonks here on this board. Any more Harry Potter names?
My next kitties may have theme names; I love the name Hermione

I am also a "Charmed" fan...I loved Prue the best (why'd they have to kill her off after the 3rd season...anyway); but I like Piper too (the 'theme names' and for pet names)

Also a CSI fan, so I could easily see myself adding a Grissom, Sarah, or Warrick to my crew names...Lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I could see "Moody" as a name for a one-eyed cat. "Weasley" for a red tabby. "Padfoot" seems promising.

With Rowling's propensity for Dickensian naming, there is a rich vein to mine, there!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, I could see "Moody" as a name for a one-eyed cat. "Weasley" for a red tabby. "Padfoot" seems promising.

With Rowling's propensity for Dickensian naming, there is a rich vein to mine, there!

I love Rowling's character names.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my best friend has a red tabby named Percy & a black cat named Dobby [who used to have really big ears, but they were severely damaged by persistent yeast infections... one has been surgically altered because of this].
she also has a tuxedo... named Jasper

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, those do seem obvious, don't they?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The young daughters (10 and 12 at the time) of a friend of ours named their new kitten Gryffindor, which elicited some puzzled looks. Explanation? "She's house cat!"
Of course.

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a HP junkie! My cat's don't have HP names though, I got them before I became obsessed. I always thought that Bellatrix or Sirus would be good for an all black cat, and Narcissa, Draco, or Lucius for all white ones. You could always do the house elf thing too like Dobby, Kreature, Winkey, or Hokey. Fred & George would be good for redish ones. And you could always go with Voldermort if you dare! I could go on and on, let me know if you need any more.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a fun thread! All my cats came with names, except Elsa. I named her after the lion in Born Free.

But I don't think that anyone who likes their cat would name it Mrs. Norris, LOL!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Harry Potter names for cats. None of mine are named after them though.

I used to have a hamster named Gandalf though.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, let's admit it. There was a time (40 years ago, alas!) when every horse was named Shadowfax.