*****KatKwery! - August 8 - grand slam!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today goes down in history. We had all five secret words used. Marianjela used hope (but in a sneaky way), and glitch used shop. Luvmycat1 used bank and Cocoa Cream used many. Finally, Laureen227 used why. And take a look at the new KatKwery payout, will you?

Today's KatKwiz was about books.

Compared to spending time on TCS, how much time do you spend reading books? Do you ever spend time on Paws and Reflect? What is the last book YOU read? About how many books in all do you personally own? If there were 30 hours in a day, would you spend more time reading books?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Today goes down in history. We had all five secret words used. Marianjela used hope (but in a sneaky way), and glitch used shop. Luvmycat1 used bank and Cocoa Cream used many. Finally, Laureen227 used why. And take a look at the new KatKwery payout, will you?

Compared to spending time on TCS, how much time do you spend reading books? Do you ever spend time on Paws and Reflect? What is the last book YOU read? About how many books in all do you personally own? If there were 30 hours in a day, would you spend more time reading books?
I love to read books. I don't get to much now though that I'm working. I read horror, mystery, thriller types. In fact my new job is at a big book warehouse and any books that don't go into the system we can buy for 25 cents. I have like ten books already.
I really don't go to Paws and Reflect a whole lot. Right now I only own about 15 books total, ten are unread. When I'm done with my books I take them to a used book store in my area and get credit to purchase more books. I would definately read more if there were six extra hours in a day.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the points Lee!

I don't really read books all that much these days. I go through phases, though, in which I will read alot of books over a short period of time then not read anything at all for a long time! I do spend about 30 minutes to an hour doing a Bible study each day, but I wouldn't really count that as "book-reading time." So I am currently on TCS much more than I am using my spare time to read. I don't think I have ever looks at the Paws and Reflect forum, although I did know that it existed as a place to discuss literature, etc. The last book I read, oh my, let's see....oh yes! It was I'm Proud of You by Tim Madigan. It was a wonderful story about the author's friendship with Fred Rogers (of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood). My boss gave it to me as a going away gift before I moved. It was really, really good...made me cry...alot. I have no clue how many books I own, hundreds at least. I have many academic books and music books from college, lots of children's books I've kept over the years, as well as a small collection of favorite classics and devotional books. However, I don't really buy as many books as I borrow from the library. I don't know if I would read more if there were more hours in the day. I think I would probably spend more time with my husband, my cats, my friends and my crochet projects instead!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

until i got my new computer in February, i spent more time reading than on TCS - now it's the opposite!
i subscribe to several threads in the Paws & Reflect forum - Smudge's Cafe, Jasper's thread, Guess what I'm reading, etc. the last book i finished was Absolute Fear, by Lisa Jackson , but i'm currently reading another. i own too many books to try to count them! if there were 30 hours in a day, i'd probably spend the extra 6 online!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I spend more time reading books anymore than I do on TCS. Theres not as many people on here that I use to talk to so Im not online as much. Ive spent a little time at paws and reflect, but to tell the truth not much really! I have a habit of reading A child called it every year, but then went on to read the lost boy and then a man named dave, then I found his brother Richard Peltzer had also starting writing books and of course I had to read A teenagers journey also. I own hundreds of books, I have my own library!!
I also read Go Ask Alive and Reviving Ophelia, most people wouldn't want to read those books but I love them, and I went through similar things when I was young also. I would spend as much time reading books as I possibly could with 3 kids and other stuff to do in one day, there really isn't enough hours in a day! When I start reading a book I normally read it start to finish in the same day! The David Pelzer books I know by heart but for some reason I can't stop reading them... You can get lost in a book and learn so much! Why not spend some extra quality time with your books!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Thanks Lee - and thanks Cocoa Cream, if I wasnt answering your post I wouldnt have made it!! Second post, third to last word. Talk about lucky. And congratulations to everyone on a eventful day!

Hmmm... compared to the time I spend on TCS I have to admit I spend little time reading... lately. Compared to the time I send online collectively or reading my email... I put in microscopic amounts of time relatively. Although, I admit it happens in spurts. I read in phases as time and my mood permits. Sometimes I read a lot, and others I hardly read anything. In the winter I tend to crochet or knit in lieu of reading. In the summer I spend more time managing my girls sport teams and less time reading books. When Joshua is in the hospital I can go through many books during one admission... so it always depends. Is it a full moon out today?

The other day I organized my closet and pulled out a collection of Hard Covers I had stored in there and decided to pick up a book. Currently I am half way through a 2-in-1 Edition, Broken Wings and Midnight Flight, novels by none other than VC Andrews. I have admitted before she is my favorite author. Although oddly enough, she isnt really the author of this book. Andrew Neiderman is. At any rate, supposedly he writes from the notes she left behind before she died.

Compared to the the parent forum, The Cat Lounge, I do not spend much time in Paws and Reflect, although I am subscribed to Smudge's Cafe, which I never really realized in what forum it was in. When I check the messages, usually I go to my User CP first and see if anyone has replied to a thread that I have replied to before. Then once I've checked all those, I usually head into the Cat Lounge and browse around there - a lot of the time looking for the Kwiz or the Kwery. Good thing Lee doesnt try to hide it from us and post in different forums - LOL

ALTHOUGH - I have been known to go straight to Persi & Alley's Public Profile and check the threads he's started in order to find the KatKwery or KatKwiz faster. Hahahaha

Anyway, after I've browsed the Cat Lounge, I usually hit the New Posts button in the top bar and see what's in there. Today I think it took me into the IMO forum - voodoo land. But if there is an interesting topic I see in the new posts, I will venture in, no matter what forum or subforum it is.

The last book I read/finished (not inluding the one I'm reading now) was The Cure of Childhood Leukemia: Into the Age of Miracles by John Laszlo. It's about the evolution of medicine regarding childhood caner. Very interesting to see the cure rate limb from nearly zero to what it is today and amazing to discover some of the flukes that got us here!

Yikes, I dont think I an count all the books I currently own. Well, I could, but not sure if I'd want to get them all in one place and try... I suppose I have a few hundred. I like to collect Hard Covers, I like to read mystery/who dunnits/suspense but I have a ton of softbound books (mostly romance) that I inherited from my mother-in-law, but I have intentions of donating some of these to our church for their annual Bazaar and some to the Parent's Lounge at the Children's Hospital. I also have a library of self-help and how-to books on my book shelves.

If there were more time in the day I dont know if I would spend more time reading or not. I do love to read - whether it's online, in a book or magazine, or on the back of a shampoo bottle
But my kids demand a lot of time also, and I am guessing the extra six hours might be alloted to them. Ironically, when I was working a full-time career, I had extra time to read as I would spend my lunch hour with a book. But one of my all time favorite times to read is curled up in bed at night or relaxing in the tub. One of the most peaceful times and/or places in my house (most of the time).

I guess I went on enough... thanks again for the points Lee! and to Cocoa Cream for asking about the interest rate and clock

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Good thing Lee doesnt try to hide it from us and post in different forums - LOL
MARIANJELA! don't give him any ideas!
Originally Posted by Marianjela

ALTHOUGH - I have been known to go straight to Persi & Alley's Public Profile and check the threads he's started in order to find the KatKwery or KatKwiz faster. Hahahaha
i usually do an advanced search when i'm looking for it!