*****KatKwery! - August 7 - even more points*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
117,808 points or more now goes to the winner of the KatKwery Bowl and a beautiful avatar designed by Alley and being crowned the 2008 KatKwery champion. It is not too late to get in on the action! Read the rules below and go.

Only two winners yesterday, marianjela did come back and won by using the word separate (she even spelled it right). Catkiki won with always. Marianjela also used central but used separate first. Also not used was spend and between.

Today's KatKwiz was about not banking points.

Do you always make sure that you get paid maximum interest when your clock runs down to zero? Do you know how to find out when your clock is going to run down to zero? Do you know what to do to get that clock started counting down 24 hours again? Could you have imagined that 6 million points were sitting around NOT making any interest? Does this whole interest thing perplex you?

The KatKwery questions are used to determine future KatKwiz questions and it looks like this topic will still be around for a while.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

117,808 points or more now goes to the winner of the KatKwery Bowl and a beautiful avatar designed by Alley and being crowned the 2008 KatKwery champion. It is not too late to get in on the action! Read the rules below and go.

Only two winners yesterday, marianjela did come back and won by using the word separate (she even spelled it right). Catkiki won with always. Marianjela also used central but used separate first. Also not used was spend and between.

Do you always make sure that you get paid maximum interest when your clock runs down to zero? Do you know how to find out when your clock is going to run down to zero? Do you know what to do to get that clock started counting down 24 hours again? Could you have imagined that 6 million points were sitting around NOT making any interest? Does this whole interest thing perplex you?

The KatKwery questions are used to determine future KatKwiz questions and it looks like this topic will still be around for a while.
Yes I always deposit my points in the bank and try to be online around the time that the clock runs out so it can restart the clock. You can do anything, post, any kind of action on here will start the clock over if you are out of time, however if you dont do anything the clock does not restartl. yeah thats a whole lot of points but not a lot of people think that the interest is a whole lot anymore, we use to get some 400 points every couple days and nows its way way lower than that. The interest thing doesn't confuse me at all. I understand it, even the fact that they lowered it. But normally when its getting close to time I got to shop menu, then go to bank, and then hit refresh and the clock restarts! I hate it when I can't be online when the interest gets deposited because then you have to wait till whenever you get online to make your clock start over again! I keep all my points in there until the moment I need to use them, then I widthdrawl however many I think Im going to need, and then deposit whatever doesn't get used for gifts or donations and such! Its really amazing to see how much interest really did drop, went from 2% daily to 10% monthly, or .03% daily, which is weird because the first time it happened I had exactly how many points in interest I was going to get all figured out and stuff and was all excited then looked and it said I was only going to get like 60 instead of the 400 I thought I was going to get! I think more people need to get into the fun of katkwery and katkwiz again... seems dwindling in responces all of a sudden!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the points Lee! It was a nice welcome back! LOL Still think something hinky was going on that was keeping me locked out of TCS -
And just in time too! I needed something to get me out of the clutches of Laureen

I try my hardest to keep most of my points deposited in the bank. Ever since I learned the difference that is. I used to keep out enough to buy a gift with, but now I just withdraw and transfer the points if I need them. I love watching my bank grow just to see the interest earned grow - LOL I dont always move my undeposited points into the bank on a daily basis. I'm surprised how fast the points accumulate just posting here and there. Especially since I am not an avid poster around the forums.

Of course I do know where my clock is. I go to the Shop Menu and visit my bank daily just to see when my clock will reset. I remember staying up til 3 in the morning once just so my clock would roll over... although I couldnt keep doing that everyday... 3 o'clock every morning - no thank you. But I do have a hard time finding a consistent time to sign on. My clock is all over the place. I hate to think about the points I lost the couple days I couldnt sign on. My clock sat at zero and so lonely forever. Poor baby.

To get my clock to start counting down... all I have to do is be signed on and active when it reaches zero. Way back when, I discovered that sitting in the arcade didnt count. My clock didnt reset until I came back to the forums and posting.

I am really surprised that there are over six million points sitting around doing nothing, and even shocked-er
to see the actually interest that it misses out on - for crying out loud - it's almost as much as my current bank's worth!

The interest rate and payout does not confuse me - it doesnt hurt that I am a math major - as long as I remember what the correct rate is. Hrumph!

PS - I'll be ready for the next Kwiz question Lee. Bring it on

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I try to keep as many points in the bank as I can to get more interest. I do know how to find out when my next interest payment will be. I'm not sure about all this clock running down to zero stuff. Now that I'm working I can't make sure I'm on to get my interest points. That's a lot of points just to be sitting around not doing anything.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

eh.... i move points into the bank most days. i usually leave enough out for a gift, should i want to send one [don't wanna mess w/extra steps at that point,
]. i know there was a KatKwiz on the clock thing, but i don't [like SOME people] really live on TCS - i get on when i have the time to, not according to when i got on yesterday. during the school year, a really busy morning sometimes means i don't make it here until after lunch. summers, if i'm out of town, it's a Sunday, working/in a show, can vary when i can get here as well. i know that posting, clicking, etc. will restart the clock [i think that's right
]... & it certainly doesn't surprise me about the points! you get a set amount when you register - there are some members who've registered & never posted
don't know why they'd bother registering if they didn't wanna post

oh, & yes - don't really get the 'interest' thing! but that's ok - the points are neat, & i love being able to buy things for people... but if they disappeared tomorrow i'd still be around!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Okay, I am feeling kind of dumb right now because I didn't even know that my clock could run down to zero. Are you talking about the amount of time left before the back pays interest on the points I have saved up there? If that's what you mean, then yes, I do know how to find out how long I have before my next intereste payment is going to happen. But if there is some other "clock" that keeps track of things, then I don't have a clue! I also have no idea how to get this imaginary clock started back at 24 hours. Does this not happen automatically? I'm feeling very confused. Apparently I need to read up on this subject and look at other's replies when I am finished with my own! I didn't know that many points were collecting dust, but I bet many people do not even pay attention to their points or the bank. I haven't been paying any attention to them myself lately because I barely have time on TCS to look at the KatKwiz and KatKwery these days! I am confused about intereste, I guess. I am particulary puzzled by the percentage of interest this is supposed to be paid. You said that it is .3%, but when I enter the bank, it lists my interest rate as 0%. So I feel like it is kinda pointless to bank everything if I'm not really earning interest!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

Okay, I am feeling kind of dumb right now because I didn't even know that my clock could run down to zero. Are you talking about the amount of time left before the back pays interest on the points I have saved up there? If that's what you mean, then yes, I do know how to find out how long I have before my next intereste payment is going to happen. But if there is some other "clock" that keeps track of things, then I don't have a clue! I also have no idea how to get this imaginary clock started back at 24 hours. Does this not happen automatically? I'm feeling very confused. Apparently I need to read up on this subject and look at other's replies when I am finished with my own! I didn't know that many points were collecting dust, but I bet many people do not even pay attention to their points or the bank. I haven't been paying any attention to them myself lately because I barely have time on TCS to look at the KatKwiz and KatKwery these days! I am confused about intereste, I guess. I am particulary puzzled by the percentage of interest this is supposed to be paid. You said that it is .3%, but when I enter the bank, it lists my interest rate as 0%. So I feel like it is kinda pointless to bank everything if I'm not really earning interest!
Yes, the "clock" is the countdown until your next interest points are paid. You get there by hitting the "Shop Menu" at the top header, then clicking on "Bank", towards the bottom there will be a bar that says something along the lines of:

Next Bank Interest: 0 days, 2 hours, 17 minutes, 12 seconds until next payment of 79 Points

LOL - that's what mine says anyway.

SO... in 2 hours (& 17 minutes
) if I'm not on TCS, my counter wont begin to countdown until I am on next. If I dont happen to make it on until the next day I would lost a day's worth of interest. Usually I only miss it by hours or half a day, but in the end it is collective. You know, if you sign on an hour after your clock reaches zero every day, then it would take 24 days for you to lose the "79" points...

To sum things your clock doesnt restart (after it hits zero) until you next sign on to TCS. So a lot of people dont even realize they are doing anything to reset their clock. There's nothing you have to do in particular but make posts. I guess it's a smart way of preventing people who signed on years ago, to collect interest even if they are no longer active members.

Hope that helps.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Marianjela. I think I'm beginning to understand now that I've read everyone else's comments.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cocoa Cream

I am confused about intereste, I guess. I am particulary puzzled by the percentage of interest this is supposed to be paid. You said that it is .3%, but when I enter the bank, it lists my interest rate as 0%. So I feel like it is kinda pointless to bank everything if I'm not really earning interest!
Go to Shop Menu and then click on Bank. Scroll down to the bottom where it says Next Bank Interest. The time shown is when your clock will stop until restarted again. It also tells you how many points you will be paid at that time. If you use that number, you will find it is .3% of the number of points you have presently banked.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that I don't usually pay much attention to the points. If I notice that I have a bunch of unbanked ones I'll move them there. Every so often I'll think "I have to use some of these points" and give away a bunch of gifts or donate them to a good cause.