Really Discouraged - Sphynx

jamiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey,

I don't know what to do... I have been patiently awaiting to hear from my breeder and she told me it would be about 2 weeks before she had a moment for us to talk (she was moving) but now it's been over a month and I haven't heard from her. I am feeling really discouraged. I mean I am not making a super rash decision in getting a sphynx (I have thought this out to the point of exhaustion) so why is it so dang hard for me to work something out? I just want to have a little sphynx join my family forever (to love and cherish) and it seems like nothing works out for me.

My breeder and I were talking about what she had available and I asked for some more pictures because I was having a hard time choosing - is that bad to ask for a few more pics? Then she told me she was moving and she'd get in contact with me after a few weeks but that was over a month ago.

I am feeling really bummed about it. What should I do?

((UGH))

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try wroting her again.
My Sphynx Kitten was born July 24th and I am witing for Pics.
I hope you get your Kitten.
I am stuck between Blue and Black.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes breeders get busy. Maybe there was a delay with the moving or it took longer then expected or something family related. I'd give her a call to make sure everything is ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank for the support
The down side is that I do not have her new phone number since she moved. All I have is her email address - I'll try emailing her again. I guess that's all I can do.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The old number doesn't give the new one? Sometimes people have it set up to have the old number recorded to give a new one. Or she doesn't have the new number hooked up yet.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd send an e-mail - don't be demanding or impatient, just say that you hope her move went well, ask whether she and her family and cats are settling in, and ask if there is a convenient time when you could call her. Moving house is one of the most stressful experiences you can go through, especially if you have cats with their attachment to routine and territory! I expect she's been really busy and overwhelmed.

It's a good idea to try to build a rapport with your breeder now, ideally you will want to remain in contact throughout the cat's life rather than simply feeling obliged to - I send the breeder of my boys e-mail updates and photos, meet up occasionally, and she's the first person I turn to if I have any concerns about them, I have no doubt that if we lived in closer proximity we would be good friends - it should be a good supportive relationship which is worth building and nurturing.

So a quick e-mail with a friendly tone and a request for her phone number so you can call at a convenient time will do no harm at all.

Also try her old number to see if there's a forwarding message there, but it could be that neither her phone or internet are hooked up yet.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't get discouraged...believe me, breeding is not easy and I know that waiting isn't either. It has taken me 2 YEARS (!) to get my new foundation queen from the US - and I'm still waiting since we have agreed that she should be granded first before coming.

At the same time I am still waiting for my new stud - he may have been born already but I/we are just not sure yet.

The fastest time I've ever had to wait for a kitten is 4 months...even then it took some two months after delivery to decide which kitty is the "perfect" one for me...

Be patient, your kitty will come!

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
did you put a deposit down on this cat? Busy or not its not very professional to move and not give your clients any sort of phone number.

jamiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for all your replies.

I know I should be patient and I don't wanna harrass her since I understand moving is not easy nor fun - it's very time consuming. It's just I wanna make sure she still wants to let me adopt a kitten. I'll email her and be polite of course and wait and see what she says. I did email her about three weeks ago asking her to email me her new phone number once she gets it so I guess that's why I am a tad leary on emailing her again without seeming stalkerish or calling her old number in hopes of being redirected to her new number. I worry WAY too much!

jamiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

did you put a deposit down on this cat? Busy or not its not very professional to move and not give your clients any sort of phone number.
I didn't put down a deposit she was waiting on deciding which kitten I could adopt (she wanted to show several of her kittens and wanted to decide on who would show and not etc). She told me she didn't want a deposit since she didn't think it would be fair to take a deposit since who knows what would happen to the kitten in X weeks or what she would decide on doing (showing etc). I understand what you are saying though.
Thanks for your input.

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jamiekitty

I didn't put down a deposit she was waiting on deciding which kitten I could adopt (she wanted to show several of her kittens and wanted to decide on who would show and not etc). She told me she didn't want a deposit since she didn't think it would be fair to take a deposit since who knows what would happen to the kitten in X weeks or what she would decide on doing (showing etc). I understand what you are saying though.
Thanks for your input.
A portion of our house was used as a dog grooming business run by the family that owned the house. When we bought it , they didnt tell their clients they were moving... I had more strangers at my door " is this the pampered pooch " arrrg . My DH joked that he should go into the grooming business and steal her clients lol.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do understand the moving. We just moved last week and there is so much to do. I would Email the breeder and say that you hope the move went well and is there any info on the kittens.
This is the Email from my Breeder.
The kittens are doing great. I will try to take some pictures of them this weekend and send them off to you. She had 3 males and 1 female. I am not sure which will be available yet. But will keep you updated. We will have a kitten for you, just not sure which one.

Glad to hear that you moved. Hope you are enjoying the new house. It must be great to be in your own home.

Jenine

jamiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

A portion of our house was used as a dog grooming business run by the family that owned the house. When we bought it , they didnt tell their clients they were moving... I had more strangers at my door " is this the pampered pooch " arrrg . My DH joked that he should go into the grooming business and steal her clients lol.
That would be sooo funny if you stole their clients!
They should have told their clients they were moving

jamiekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I do understand the moving. We just moved last week and there is so much to do. I would Email the breeder and say that you hope the move went well and is there any info on the kittens.
This is the Email from my Breeder.
The kittens are doing great. I will try to take some pictures of them this weekend and send them off to you. She had 3 males and 1 female. I am not sure which will be available yet. But will keep you updated. We will have a kitten for you, just not sure which one.

Glad to hear that you moved. Hope you are enjoying the new house. It must be great to be in your own home.

Jenine
That's exciting mews - I am sure everything will fall puuurffectly into place with your new kitty