Brett's Now A Jet!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Regardless of where he is going, at least he is going. When the Packers did not want him but would not release him, I found that just a bit annoying because he just wants to play football. That is his life, so now he has a second lease on life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I know we have quite a few Packers and Favre fan here and was wondering what the reaction would be to the trade...
I'm wondering how ClixPix is taking the news..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Regardless of where he is going, at least he is going. When the Packers did not want him but would not release him, I found that just a bit annoying because he just wants to play football. That is his life, so now he has a second lease on life.
And he'll be just classy in his "new" life, as he was in the old..

The Packers don't deserve him, IMHO..

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a sports fan so do I have the situation right as: he retired, decided he wanted to play again, and then they "dissed" him? (Do people even say that word anymore?)

Like I said, I'm no sports fan, but even I know Green Bay and Brett Farve just go together.

kristykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't usually pay attention to Football, but this is just so weird! I was really surprised. Like what if the Jets play against the Packers? Awkward!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080807/...nfl_favre_dc_4

I think I'm gonna become a Jets' fan. I still think the Packers' gave Brett a
deal..
I really think that there were mistakes made on both sides. I was really hoping they could work it out.

Originally Posted by babygirl

Gives me another reason to hate him!
You've always been a Favre hater.

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I'm with Tina.
You too!

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

Shucks....I was hoping the Bears would get him. Even at 38, he's an improvement over Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton...
The Bears wouldn't know what to do with a QB who can go for an entire season without injury!
They seem to like their QBs on the delicate side.

Originally Posted by butzie

Don't get me wrong, unless things drastically change, I will love Favre 'til the day I die, regardless of who he plays for (except the Vikings...I could never love a Viking!), but I think he had as much of a hand in this as anyone. I just think we don't know the entire story.
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm wondering how ClixPix is taking the news..
Not well. Not well at all.

Originally Posted by KristyKitty

I don't usually pay attention to Football, but this is just so weird! I was really surprised. Like what if the Jets play against the Packers? Awkward!
That would only happen if both teams made it to the Superbowl. That would be awkward, but at least my Packers would be at the superbowl!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike

Shucks....I was hoping the Bears would get him. Even at 38, he's an improvement over Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton...
Oh God that would have been something!!!! can't you just picture him taking the field to "boos" from both sets of fanatic football fans! The chaos, the mayhem!!! As a Bears fan, I would not have wanted him on the Bears, like getting GB's sloppy seconds, and sorry but no.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Oh God that would have been something!!!! can't you just picture him taking the field to "boos" from both sets of fanatic football fans! The chaos, the mayhem!!! As a Bears fan, I would not have wanted him on the Bears, like getting GB's sloppy seconds, and sorry but no.
Kind of like when Jim McMahon was the Packers second or third string QB for awhile? Oh, that was sad and pathetic.
As a Packer fan who lives in Chicago, though, I might have been tempted to want to see him play here so I could see most of the games on TV. With the Jets, I'll almost never get to see a game.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think the Packer's gave Favre a raw deal at all. At some point the organization had to move forward to see what Aaron Rodgers can do. This was the third year in a row that Favre flip-flopped about whether or not he wanted to play. I've always like Favre but that act was wearing thin.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only in Green Bay will the local TY stations pre-empt the national news and show the Jets press conference.

Its just so odd to not have him here anymore. But the news coverage has been really overdone on this issue.

It was a tough call to make by the Packer organization. I think with Brett playing in a larger city he isn't going to get the attention that he got here-maybe in the begining of the season. I must admit Aaron Rodgers has handled this situation quite well.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

Gives me another reason to hate him!
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I'm with Tina.
me too

Originally Posted by clixpix

Don't get me wrong, unless things drastically change, I will love Favre 'til the day I die, regardless of who he plays for (except the Vikings...I could never love a Viking!), but I think he had as much of a hand in this as anyone. I just think we don't know the entire story.
Hey!

You were the first person I thought of when I seen the news... visions of a Favre siggy winning the Superbowl for the Jets against the Packers

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Originally Posted by clixpix

Kind of like when Jim McMahon was the Packers second or third string QB for awhile? Oh, that was sad and pathetic.
That really was pathetic, wasn't it?!
I really think the only reason McMahon signed on with the Pack back then was just so he could get another Super Bowl ring, w/o earning it.
Everyone knows how "stuck" he was on himself..

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

....I can´t believe it!...

so sorry Tiff....
,....now you should to support at the Jets!...
I will still remain true to my Packers (even though I'm not too happy with them right now
) but I will also watch any Jets games I can, too - just so I can see my Brett!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

You were the first person I thought of when I seen the news... visions of a Favre siggy winning the Superbowl for the Jets against the Packers
But at least the Packers would be at the superbowl, which would prove that the Packers can get there without him.
Viking players aren't exactly tipping over from the combined weight of their superbowl rings, are they?

Somehow I don't think the NY fans understand what it's like to watch Favre play...I say they turn on him when he throws his 5th interception. They don't understand that's part and parcel of his play.
Bubba Franks is on the Jets team now too...it's like the Jets are Packer Jr.

The bottom line is that football is entertainment and a business for the players and the management. It's about money, and it's about ego. What it's not about? What the fans want.