Wellness CORE Questions

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

I am most of the way through transitioning my kitties from Nutro Natural Choice to Wellness CORE.
They seem to be doing well and yesterday was 2 weeks since Misty was diagnosed with EGC and her plaque spots have not returned (she did get a steroid injection though).

Some questions...The kibble is VERY small. Is there something I can give to mix with this as they donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t necessarily have to chew the Wellness? I would like them to chew their food for their teethâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s sake…Should I just wait to see if this is what works for Misty?

Also, I noticed that it is the Fish/Fowl recipe. I have heard in the past that serving a seafood diet as a regular meal item is not good for the cats due to FLUTD (I believe…). Is this correct, does it apply here? Do I need to worry about that? I think my brain is on overload here!

Any insights are appreciated!

Jen

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
do you have a UTI prone cat???

some cats will do fine not chewing others will throw up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, we have never had a UTI here. They are very young still ( 3 and 1 1/2). Can seafood cause UTIs in the long run if the cats aren't prone to them?

It is not so much the throwing up but whether they are "cleaning" their teeth. I heard chewing kibble helps keep the plaque down...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
VERY few kibbles are actually tested for the ability to clean teeth ( you were feeding one with testing)... so chewing of most kibble s is not going to clean teeth

I feed a food with SOME fish with no issue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

Do you know if there are any grain free wet foods that are similar to the chunk and gravy type foods? That's all my crew will eat for wet...

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO grain free s with gravy thus far.. some with sauce but not chunks in gravy

teach333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there! Wellness makes grain free pouches. It is little chunks of meat with gravy. My cats LOVED the gravy, but wouldn't eat the chunks of meat. The search continues

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by teach333

Hi there! Wellness makes grain free pouches. It is little chunks of meat with gravy. My cats LOVED the gravy, but wouldn't eat the chunks of meat. The search continues
those are NOT grain free they have oats